JEvents 1.4

Link event to an existing article

Postby Enzo24 » Fri Jun 13, 2008 12:19 pm

Hi all !

I'm kinda new to joomla, so please suffer my inexperience.

I'm using JEvents 1.4.3 on joomla1.5

I'm wondering if it's possible to link an event straight to an existing article (click on event and jump straight to an existing article, not an event article). This makes it possible to not have to write an article twice (once as article, once as event).

I tried linkr plugin, but got loads of errors with JEvents (linkr works elsewhere though). So I unpublished linkr.

The main idea is that I'd like to publish articles (most of them ending up in frontpage "home" page) and be able to access them using JEvents.

A workaround could be to writean article as an event, and then allow it to be published on the "home" frontpage (with the readmore & so on) ???

Also, is it possible to find a module that allows search depending on locality of events (i.e. town/city, zipcode...)

Thanks for a very promising module.
Enzo24
Silver Members

Postby Manuel » Fri Jun 13, 2008 5:54 pm

That's a nice idea.

One could write a mambot that adds a tab (something like $tabs->startTab( _E_EVENT, 'event-page' )) and writes the selected event to the article's attribs column (mos_content-table).

Just a question to the JEvents developer: is there already a event selection function implemented that I could use for the event picking tab?

Cheers,
Manuel
Manuel

Postby BiometriOnline » Thu Mar 26, 2009 9:24 am

Enzo24 wrote:
A workaround could be to writean article as an event, and then allow it to be published on the "home" frontpage (with the readmore & so on) ???

I have the same need
- Simple events only in Jevents
- Some events in Jevents with the same text on the home page (major events)

For the moment I write the article in Joomla and put a liink "Link to the article" in Jevents ... It would be better to have also the article in Jevents

PS: I use Jevents 1.5

Didier
BiometriOnline

Postby derebo » Sun Jul 19, 2009 11:08 pm

I do agree with the proposed idea. It would be just great not to have to write the same info twice as article and as event.

BiometriOnline, how do you get the file link? By browsing the website I guess.

Greetings,
derebo

Postby BiometriOnline » Mon Jul 20, 2009 8:15 am

derebo wrote:... BiometriOnline, how do you get the file link? By browsing the website I guess.

Yes I do that
BiometriOnline

Postby kurac » Sat Jan 30, 2010 3:12 pm

This feature would make JEvents just perfect. I badly need something like this. I was already thinking to make a workaround by creating a view in a database which would look the same as events table, but some fields would point to content table. But I haven't tried yet.
kurac

Postby Geraint » Mon Feb 01, 2010 2:39 pm

There is a silver members addon (http://www.jevents.net/en/downloads/cat ... icle-links) that can link one or more articles to an event and can also be setup to auto-redirect.
JEvents Club members can get priority forum support at the Support Forum. As well as access to a variety of custom JEvents addons and benefits. Join the JEvents club today!
Geraint

Postby zenton » Mon Mar 15, 2010 12:43 pm

I have found a way to do this using Firebug.
Turn on Firebug, Click the click an element in this page to inspect, then click on the link of the event.

it will give you somthing like this
<a href="http://**website**/index.php?option=com_jevents&amp;task=icalrepeat.detail&amp;evid=156&amp;Itemid=" class="dt_event_link">Queensland Open</a>

copy the this part
http://**website**/index.php?option=com ... mp;Itemid=" class="dt_event_link">Queensland Open and paste it in for your link.
zenton

Postby obcc » Thu Jun 10, 2010 4:48 pm

I downloaded the agenda plugin. Unfortunately it's not what I was expecting to be able to link to an existing article. I was expecting it to put the details in the event description. But, that being said, I can make this work if I can change the Agenda title in the event description so something like Event Details. Can you tell me what file to edit to change this?

I don't want to use the option to open the article directly because I use DT register to register for the events and need the registration button to display.

Thank you for your help.
obcc

Postby Geraint » Fri Jun 11, 2010 8:56 am

This text is set in the plugin's language file

administrator/language/en-GB/en-GB.plg_jevents_agendaminutes.ini

Geraint
JEvents Club members can get priority forum support at the Support Forum. As well as access to a variety of custom JEvents addons and benefits. Join the JEvents club today!
Geraint

Return to JEvents 1.4