JEvents 1.5 (No longer actively supported)

Simplified Event Registration Plugin

JEvents 2.0 was launched over 2 years ago and the latest stable version is version 2.2 which will run on Joomla 1.5 and Joomla 2.5. JEvents 1.5 is therefore no longer actively supported - you should upgrade to JEvents 2.2+ as soon as possible.
Forum rules
Please include as much detail in any test or bug reports for JEvents 1.5 as possible.

First of all, check if you are running the latest available version of Joomla! and JEvents. Posts for issues, where both systems are not updated, will be ignored.

We need the following at least:

* PHP version (e.g. 5.2.5). Note: Support for PHP4 is discontinued.
* Joomla! version
* JEvents version
* Web Server software (Apache or IIS with version number if possible)
* Server Operating system (e.g. Linux, Windows, Solaris, Darwin ...)
* Database version
* memory_limit from your phpinfo
* Web browser and version

Please enable error reporting and include any error messages in your posting. You do this via the Joomla Configuration - set "error reporting" to "maximum" on the Server tab.

Finally, please describe the steps required to recreate the problem and also please enable error reporting and give us any error messages generated.

Postby Geraint » Tue Aug 18, 2009 3:13 pm

I have uploaded a simple event registration plugin to the Jevents club forum.

This allows you to configure an event so that logged in users can click a checkbox to say they will be attending. There is an option to make attendance based on the whole event (i.e.all repeats if any) or on a repeat by repeat basis.

This is meant as a simple stop gap for the full event registration component which is currently available for testing by club members and mimics the behaviour of the registration process in the EventsList component (with the extra ability to register for specific repeats only).

Geraint
JEvents Club members can get priority forum support at the Support Forum. As well as access to a variety of custom JEvents addons and benefits. Join the JEvents club today!
Geraint

Postby yadox » Tue Aug 18, 2009 5:37 pm

I am a club subscriptor. Where can I download it to try it? Please help...
yadox

Postby Geraint » Tue Aug 18, 2009 5:43 pm

JEvents Club members can get priority forum support at the Support Forum. As well as access to a variety of custom JEvents addons and benefits. Join the JEvents club today!
Geraint

Postby mvodolan » Tue Jan 26, 2010 7:07 am

Hello. I am thinking about Silver JEvents club registration (6 Month Silver Subscription = €35.00), because I need Simplified Event Registration Plugin. I have one question regarding licensing. Does six month subscription meens, that for 6 months I can upgrade without any extra fees? After 6 months there is no chance to upgrade without next payed subscription, but I will be able to use "old" version forewer?

Many thanks

Miroslav
mvodolan

Postby Geraint » Tue Jan 26, 2010 8:50 am

The membership gives you access to the club forums and all updates/upgrades/new releases for 6 months.

You can use the anything you download during this period for ever.

Geraint
Geraint

Postby pyrohot » Wed May 26, 2010 11:22 am

is there a demo for Simplified Event Registration Plugin?
pyrohot

Postby Geraint » Wed May 26, 2010 3:16 pm

See http://www.jevents.net/en/jevents-club/demo-videos - that reminds me I need to do a demo of the main registration plugin too!
Geraint

Postby rgrothe » Thu Oct 07, 2010 8:20 pm

Got a quick questions about this simplified event registration plugin. Does it require each visitor to register with the website before they can register for the the event?

I need a simple way to capture a name and email saying I will attend your event.

But I'm not sure I'll get many takers if they have to become registered users of my website before they can add themselves as an attendee to my events.

Please reply ASAP as I need a solution this week for my JEvent posted at my website. The event is in less than 4 weeks and I'd like to know how many are coming.

Thanks,

Robert
rgrothe
Gold Members

Postby Geraint » Fri Oct 08, 2010 8:25 am

The simplified version required users to be registered - there is a gold member addon that allows visitors to register using email address address (which they then confirm by clicking a link in an email they are sent).
Geraint

Postby pe7er » Tue Nov 02, 2010 9:40 am

The simplified version required users to be registered - there is a gold member addon that allows visitors to register using email address address (which they then confirm by clicking a link in an email they are sent).

Good to hear that!

I am looking for a Joomla 1.5 component to replace an Joomla 1.0 "Attend Events" component called com_attend_events. And from the demo http://www.jevents.net/en/jevents-club/ ... uick-intro I thought it was only for logged-in users. Good to hear that it can also be used by non registered users.

Does the gold member addon add the visitors (who register using email address address) to the Joomla userbase? Or just to the Jevent database tables?

Thanks,
Peter
pe7er

Next

Return to JEvents 1.5 (No longer actively supported)