JEvents 1.4

change font size for event title?

Postby ginjg » Thu Feb 19, 2009 6:17 am

Our event titles are quite long - 100 -120 characters on average, I was able to extend the length to include all the characters, but the font is too big, so the leading (the space between the lines of text) of multi-line title isn't enough to prevent the letters from overlapping, and it's a bit unprofessional looking.

How do I reduce the font size to avoid this? please give step by step instruction as I'm a novice.

Thanks
Ginjg
ginjg

Postby AlanHumphrey » Sun Mar 01, 2009 3:20 am

What you're going to need to do is change the css definition for the class contentheading. This class is used throughout your site, not just with jevents so:

1) determine which template you're using
a) log in to the administration section
b) select "Extensions/Template Manager" from the menu
c) note the name of the template with the star - this is the template your site is using. For example, my test site uses "JA_Purity"

2) click on the template name

3) in the resulting display, click on "Edit CSS" from the array of icons in the upper right.

4) select template.css from the resulting display and click the "Edit" button

5) page through the css file until you find something like

Code: Select all
.contentheading {
   font-size: 200%;
}

your browser's find function is handy for this. Note that there may be several definitions for .contentheading and that your template might not have one like the above.

6) add a line-height definition:

.contentheading {
   font-size: 200%;
       line-height:1.25em;
}

7) save the file and you're done.

You can adjust the line-height to suit your taste.
AlanHumphrey

Postby staeren » Tue Nov 24, 2009 12:48 pm

is it possible to just change or style the title of jevents? I tried this to do with our date on the second line, but is not working like this: #jevents_body td.ev_detail repeat {font-weight: bold;font-size: 130%;}. I think somewhere my css code is not right ?
staeren

Postby gabriella28 » Fri Sep 23, 2011 7:22 am

I got it, everything works!!!! Cool 8-) Thank you!!!
gabriella28

Postby Tonyp » Fri Sep 23, 2011 7:42 am

Staeren,

try using:

#jevents_body td.ev_detail repeat {
font-weight: bold !important;
font-size: 130% !important;
}

You need to include important to make sure it uses the new values over the original.

to change the Event heading in detail view you need:

.contentheading {
font-weight: bold !important;
font-size: 130% !important;
}
---------------------------------------
Feel free to PM me if you would like Custom Installs or Joomla! related work for a competitive quote.

Tonyp
Team Staff

Postby lcallen » Sun Mar 04, 2012 5:07 pm

I too am a CSS, Joomla and JEvents novice, but I would like to know if it's possible to change the appearance of a single event title in the Upcoming Events box. I currently have my box set to show 15 events, but occasionally there are one or two events that I would like to give special emphasis to - for example, the upcoming switch to Daylight Saving Time. I'd like to be able to show those particular events in red, for example, or at least bolded so they stand out.

I should mention that I'm actually using JEvents 1.5, with Joomla 1.5.23 in case that makes a difference in the response.

Thanks in advance for any advice that might help me out!
lcallen

Postby Tonyp » Sun Mar 04, 2012 8:18 pm

Hello,

No it is not possible at present. As the custom format string is applied to all events and there is no simple way to single an event out.
Feel free to PM me if you would like Custom Installs or Joomla! related work for a competitive quote.

Tonyp
Team Staff

Postby lcallen » Sun Mar 04, 2012 8:57 pm

Ok, thanks very much for the prompt response! I suspected as much, but it never hurts to ask the question!
lcallen

Postby johnab » Wed Jul 24, 2013 6:28 am

please explain how to prevent the letters from overlapping,i didn't get you,what you exactly mention in your post.
johnab

Postby Tonyp » Wed Jul 24, 2013 7:27 am

Hello Johnab,

Can you please post a screenshot of your issue?

Regards
Tony

Tonyp
Team Staff

Return to JEvents 1.4