Jevents 1.4 for Joomla 1.0.x

Why does my page title not change when I click on a link ...

Postby kevin_d_clay » Tue May 27, 2008 1:07 am

Why does my page title not change when I click on a link in the calendar module or latest events module?

I read the FAQ to resolve this but it is very cryptic (at least for those of us with very little Joomla experience). I tried linking to the JEvents component but i had no luck. Can someone give me a more detailed answer. I would be eternally grateful!

The FAQ says
Joomla uses the menu Itemid to determine the page title to display together with which module are visible (e.g. what appears in the left or right columns).

You therefore need to ensure at least one menu item points to the JEvents component - if you don't want this menu item to be visible you can add the link this can be on a menu that you do not use.

Also, is there a way to keep the calendar navigation buttons from showing up once a click on a link in the calendar module.

Thanks, Kevin.
kevin_d_clay

Postby Thomas » Tue May 27, 2008 4:12 pm

Can you provide a link to your site?
Thomas
Site Admin

Postby kevin_d_clay » Tue May 27, 2008 5:14 pm

kevin_d_clay

Postby Thomas » Tue May 27, 2008 6:40 pm

You created a menu pointing to the JEvents component with the Itemid 40(title "Test") but I guess the entry is in the trash or not published.
If you don't want the menu to be accessible by the user, create a new menu with the menu manager. This creates an entry at the module manager of the type mod_mainmenu. This module can be set unpublished. Create a menu entry within the new menu pointing to JEvents. Keep this entry published.
To hide the complete navigation header of the JEvents component set the css class ev_navigation to hidden:
div.ev_navigation {
display:none;
}
Thomas
Site Admin

Postby kevin_d_clay » Tue May 27, 2008 9:06 pm

Thanks for the Info on "hiding" the Navigation buttons ... It worked!

As for my other question. I created a menu in the Menu Manager called "Point_to_JEvents" ... I then created a menu item under "Point_to_JEvents" called "Point to JEvents - Menu Item (Do Not Erase!!) ". It worked, but not the way i expected ... now the "Point to JEvents - Menu Item (Do Not Erase!!) " shows up instead of the page title. To make things worse ... I "trashed" the menu item and it is not showing up in the "Trash Manager".

While i'm on a roll, how do you:
1. Remove the Dates from the Latest Events (i have titled mine "SSDSI upcoming training events")
2. Remove the "From" and "To" text and dates as well as the re-occurance (on mine it is "every") from the event detail?

Thank you for your help!

Kevin ...
kevin_d_clay

Return to Jevents 1.4 for Joomla 1.0.x