Pre-Sales

a few questions

Feel free to ask questions you might have before purchasing a subscription in here.

Postby mushi22 » Tue Mar 05, 2013 5:00 am

Hi,

I have been searching up on J events and like it quite a bit on what i see.

I got a few questions, if any of these are possible (in paid plugins)

1) Is there a way to see if user attended a event and it is assigned to their username/account. Also it counts how many hours the user was there for.

2) Host approves that a user attended an event.

Regards
Mushi22
mushi22
Gold Members

Postby Geraint » Tue Mar 05, 2013 9:58 am

With RSVP Pro (Gold member addon) you can create registration forms where the event organiser has to approve the registration and also where the organiser can record the actual attendance at the event.

At present there are no user by user reports of attendance by hour but you can view a list of events the user registered for.
JEvents Club members can get priority forum support at the Support Forum. As well as access to a variety of custom JEvents addons and benefits. Join the JEvents club today!
Geraint

Postby mushi22 » Wed Mar 06, 2013 4:50 am

What do you mean organiser can record?

So if i go select user, I will be see what events he has attended in the last year? (assuming see only the ones host has taken his attendance for?) is this possible in gold?
mushi22
Gold Members

Postby Geraint » Wed Mar 06, 2013 10:43 am

Organiser can record = logged in event creator can click a link next to the attendee's name to say they actually did attend. We will be offering an option to do this with a barcode/QR code fairly soon.

You can create a menu item that shows all the events over the last year and can use the filter module to restrict this list to the events the user registered to attend.
JEvents Club members can get priority forum support at the Support Forum. As well as access to a variety of custom JEvents addons and benefits. Join the JEvents club today!
Geraint

Postby mushi22 » Fri Mar 08, 2013 1:42 am

Can you provide any screenshots please? Just so i can have a idea before I buy gold.
mushi22
Gold Members

Postby Geraint » Fri Mar 08, 2013 8:29 am

Did you see the demo videos - see the bottom of this page http://www.jevents.net/jevents-club/demo-videos

If (within a month of subscribing) you find that RSVP Pro doesn't do what you want and we are unable to make the required customisations for you then you can get a refund by asking me via a PM in the forum here.
Geraint

Postby mushi22 » Sat Mar 09, 2013 2:05 am

Ok this is raising more issues.

We have volunteers, and we have hosts (organisations). We want the hosts to be able to approve attendees at the front end (not the backend of Joomla, we want access tot hat only not other organisations).

Also is there any way to track hours of each user at the event (this is a big thing for client, and its a must). Say for Event X, hours is 5 hours. The host will come and confirm they were there for 5 hours. Or less e.g. 3 hours.

Its a project that has failed after years of no one looking after it and ended up on my plate.
mushi22
Gold Members

Postby Geraint » Sat Mar 09, 2013 9:20 am

You can manage attendees in the frontend too.

The hours attended could possibly be done as a code modification - how are your PHP skills?
Geraint

Postby mushi22 » Sun Mar 10, 2013 5:45 am

my PHP skills are non existent. Do you have any idea how much it could cost the Jevents? (you could integrate this with gold for future.) I may (my client) maybe willing to help with some of the costs.
mushi22
Gold Members

Postby Geraint » Sun Mar 10, 2013 8:23 am

RSVP Pro incorporates a CSV export from which you could calculate the hours attended by each attendee - would that be enough?
Geraint

Next

Return to Pre-Sales