JEvents 3.1 (Free Access)

Smartphone Optimization

Forum for JEvents 3.1 for Joomla 3.x and 2.5.
Forum rules
When requesting support please follow these steps:

1. Update all JEvents add on's first, via the Joomla! Updater
2. Copy and Paste the JEvents Support Information from the JEvents Control Panel.
3. If you get a 500 error OR white page, enable Maximum Error Reporting in Joomla! Global Config and visit the page again, this should give you a more detailed error and help us provide a prompt response.

Postby gregvinci » Mon Apr 15, 2013 4:43 pm

I've seen how additional software can be downloaded for Jevents smartphone optimization and I don't have any problem with joining the subscription clubs to obtain it and was planning on joining them anyway. My question is this: Is this software capable of sending push notifications to smartphones and is there a way to see what features are available?
gregvinci

Postby Tonyp » Mon Apr 15, 2013 6:50 pm

Hello,

At present no. We do not support push notifications.

What exactly is it you are wanting to achieve? pushing events to the phone calendar?

Regards
Tony
---------------------------------------
Feel free to PM me if you would like Custom Installs or Joomla! related work for a competitive quote.

Tonyp
Team Staff

Postby gregvinci » Mon Apr 15, 2013 9:04 pm

Thanks for the reply.

I was looking at something like that for smartphones. It's not a big deal.

At present, when I click on the events in the Jevent Calendar on my iPhone, the pop-up windows don't appear. Is there a fix for that available to club members?

Thanks,

Greg
gregvinci

Postby Tonyp » Tue Apr 16, 2013 6:24 am

Hi Greg,

For push, you could usevthevjefrnts export link and allow your users to subscribe to a category or categories etc via the webcal option on the export.

When you click and event it should load a new page. Not a popup?

Regards
Tony
Feel free to PM me if you would like Custom Installs or Joomla! related work for a competitive quote.

Tonyp
Team Staff

Postby gregvinci » Tue Apr 16, 2013 2:07 pm

Tonyp,

When I mouse over an event within a cell, I do get a popup on my iPhone Safari Browser giving some event details. When I "Click to Open Event" on that popup, nothing happens. I don't get another window with more detail as I do when I'm using a desktop. The same thing happens on my iPad. I think it may be an iOS issue. Thanks for the info on the other issue. Any ideas?

Thanks,

Greg
gregvinci

Postby Tonyp » Tue Apr 16, 2013 3:49 pm

Hi Greg,

Yes it is an IOS issue and can be clicked but cannot remember how.. It's a dilly bug on iOS.

Geraint, might be able to remember.

Regards
Tony

Tonyp
Team Staff

Postby gregvinci » Tue Apr 16, 2013 8:33 pm

Tonyp,

Thanks for the reply. It helps me understand. I'm going to join the silver club now so I can support your efforts.

Perhaps Geraint knows of a workaround, but it may not matter because I'm going to get the smartphone plugin anyway.

If you could expand on your earlier comment about push notifications: "usevthevjefrnts export link and allow your users to subscribe to a category or categories etc via the webcal option on the export." I don't understand what this means. I am a novice and I wasn't able to find the settings you mentioned. I will spend more time and try to figure it out because then I will learn more. My site is Joomla 2.5.9. and I'm using a Siteground-j16-32 template. It's pretty basic.

Thanks for all your help.

Greg
gregvinci

Postby carcam » Tue Apr 16, 2013 9:09 pm

the jevents export link is one of the out of the box features of JEvents that allows you to create a link to an icalendar file that your users can add to their calendar applications and then be synced with the events on your site. Good point about this is that it's device and program agnostic so you can import this link into your desktop calendar program or your mobile device ;)
¿Sabías que tenemos soporte en español para los miembros del Club de JEvents? ¡ÚNETE AHORA!
carcam
Team Staff

Postby bjs3869 » Wed May 28, 2014 12:13 pm

IOS requires a double click or a hold and click to open event detail page in monthly view on the latest jevents install. Anyway to correct this. I fixed the problem on my jquery menu by changing the timeout interval and was wondering if I could do the same in jevents. The month cells with tool-tip seem to be the only issue.
bjs3869

Postby Geraint » Wed May 28, 2014 1:58 pm

What version of Joomla and JEvents do you have? Also which layout are you using?
JEvents Club members can get priority forum support at the Support Forum. As well as access to a variety of custom JEvents addons and benefits. Join the JEvents club today!
Geraint

Next

Return to JEvents 3.1 (Free Access)