JEvents 3.1 (Free Access)

Cannot add an event from Joomla front side.

Forum for JEvents 3.1 for Joomla 3.x and 2.5.
Forum rules
When requesting support please follow these steps:

1. Update all JEvents add on's first, via the Joomla! Updater
2. Copy and Paste the JEvents Support Information from the JEvents Control Panel.
3. If you get a 500 error OR white page, enable Maximum Error Reporting in Joomla! Global Config and visit the page again, this should give you a more detailed error and help us provide a prompt response.

Postby josk » Wed Apr 10, 2013 4:35 pm

Jevent version 3.0.11
Joomla version 3.03

Hello,
I'm trying to understand how the permission system for Jevents works.
I suppose that you give a specfic usergroup a permission on Jevents configuaration level (inherate) and that you can override the permission on a category level.
When "allowed" is set on the configuration level, then you can add an event. OK.

When I set a permission for a certain category only on category level f.i. user groep "competition" may add events in category "competition" I get a green (allowed status in the categoy screen).
But when I try I cannot add an event. I get the answer "not allowed".

It is as if the override does not work when you try to add an event.
I have one "Default" calender with category "competition".

Is there sometyhing I missed?
josk

Postby Tonyp » Wed Apr 10, 2013 7:49 pm

Hello,

The way you would normally work it is as follows:

1. Allow the group to create events in the configuration of JEvents.

2. Deny the group access to create events on each of the categories which you do not want them to be able to create in.

Is that not working for you?

Regards
Tony
---------------------------------------
Feel free to PM me if you would like Custom Installs or Joomla! related work for a competitive quote.

Tonyp
Team Staff

Postby josk » Wed Apr 10, 2013 8:24 pm

:o :o Hello Tony,

Suppose you have the next setup for usergroups:

Registered
-Group1 --> Group 1 category
--Group1 manager --> Group 1 category
-Group2
--Group2 manager.

Suppose you would want only the managers to be able to setup an event. How would you setup this. In my setup I would only allow managers to add events.
The standard setup is inheritance for Registered, Group1 and Group2 and allow for manager. The other way around would mean that registered users have access to setup an event. :o
josk

Postby carcam » Wed Apr 10, 2013 11:00 pm

Just edit the category and in the permissions tab, give create event permissions only to Group1 for Group 1 category.
¿Sabías que tenemos soporte en español para los miembros del Club de JEvents? ¡ÚNETE AHORA!
carcam
Team Staff

Postby Geraint » Thu Apr 11, 2013 8:30 am

Also please update to JEvents 3.0.12 which will be out in a few minutes.
JEvents Club members can get priority forum support at the Support Forum. As well as access to a variety of custom JEvents addons and benefits. Join the JEvents club today!
Geraint

Postby josk » Thu Apr 11, 2013 1:24 pm

Hello,
I installed the latest version 3.0.12.
Did some additional testing.

1 Inheritate on config level and allow on category level-->
Cathegory level says allowed but you cannot get in from the frontside.

2 Allowed on config level and disallow on category level for some categories. --> you can get in if there is just one cathegory where you have access.

Both situations should work. I think 1 (carcam solution) is the prefered situation does not work as aspected . Situation 2 (Tony solution) works as aspected. I can live with it but there is still work to do.
josk

Postby Geraint » Thu Apr 11, 2013 2:06 pm

Check for any cateogry constraints on your frontend menu item - this affects the available categories too.

Can you test in the backend with a user with restricted category permissions but that can access the backend.
JEvents Club members can get priority forum support at the Support Forum. As well as access to a variety of custom JEvents addons and benefits. Join the JEvents club today!
Geraint

Postby josk » Sat Apr 13, 2013 5:47 am

The menu item is available for creating events. It is the events system which does not allow to add events.

I tried to go in via the admin side and there is the same problem:

1 Inheritate on config level and allow on category level-->
Cathegory level says allowed but you cannot get in.

2 Allowed on config level and disallow on category level for some categories. --> you can get in if there is just one cathegory where you have access.

1 does not work as espected, it does not mather wether you come in via the front or the admin entry.
josk

Postby Geraint » Sun Apr 14, 2013 8:43 am

We have not implemented approach 1 because the code we are required to use in Joomla is too slow.

2. do you have multi-level categories or are they all 'top level'?

Can you spot something 'special' about the category you can get into? What is it called? Where is it in the ordering? How does it relate to the menu item?
Geraint

Return to JEvents 3.1 (Free Access)