JEvents 3.1 (Free Access)

Map and Mini Calendar in T3 Megamenu

Forum for JEvents 3.1 for Joomla 3.x and 2.5.
Forum rules
When requesting support please follow these steps:

1. Update all JEvents add on's first, via the Joomla! Updater
2. Copy and Paste the JEvents Support Information from the JEvents Control Panel.
3. If you get a 500 error OR white page, enable Maximum Error Reporting in Joomla! Global Config and visit the page again, this should give you a more detailed error and help us provide a prompt response.

Postby Fredie » Wed Apr 03, 2013 7:56 pm

I'm running Joomla 3.x with the T3 framework and JEvents 3.x. One of the things that I would like to be able to do is to display both a mini calendar and a map view as modules within the T3 megamenu. I have the mini calendar with tooptips now working, but I'm not sure how to get a mini map view to display as a module. I would also like to be able to link to a full calendar view from the menu and to a full map only view. Below is a mockup of what I would like to accomplish. Any ideas/suggestions onf how best to implement it? Thanks..fred
megaMenuMockUp130402.jpg
megaMenuMockUp130402.jpg (89.14 KiB) Viewed 471 times
Fredie
Gold Members

Postby Tonyp » Wed Apr 03, 2013 8:37 pm

Hello,

Have you tried using the latest Events module, set in map view?

For the map view, if you create a menu item, which is also a map view but hide it for now.

Then, set the target menu item to this on the latest events module.

Set it to show full calendar, and it should use that link.

Regards
Tony
---------------------------------------
Feel free to PM me if you would like Custom Installs or Joomla! related work for a competitive quote.

Tonyp
Team Staff

Postby Fredie » Wed Apr 03, 2013 9:07 pm

Thanks... I'll give it a try, and let you know what happens.
Fredie
Gold Members

Postby Fredie » Thu Apr 04, 2013 1:50 am

Okay. I've tried, but I'm not getting it. I started by going to the module manager and selecting a new 'Latest JEvents' and configuring it for the 'Map' layout. With this setup, what I get is a list, but no map of upcoming events. Shouldn't the Map layout give me a map view?

I then created a menu item ('Map View Testing') with a type of 'View by Month' and the layout view set to 'Map'. When the menu item is selected from the frontend, it produces a 'Layout calendar not found' error.

Then going back to the 'Latest Events' module created earlier, I set the Target Menu Item to the 'Map View Testing' menu created earlier, but can't test it due to the menu item, still being set to 'Map' produces produces a 'Layout calendar not found' error.

Thanks for you help...fred
Fredie
Gold Members

Postby Geraint » Thu Apr 04, 2013 8:31 am

Can you setup the latest events module as a normal module (not part of the mega menu system) and then I'll take a look at how you have this setup on your site for you.
JEvents Club members can get priority forum support at the Support Forum. As well as access to a variety of custom JEvents addons and benefits. Join the JEvents club today!
Geraint

Postby Fredie » Thu Apr 04, 2013 12:36 pm

There's alrady a 'Latest Events' module operational on the site. It's titled, 'It's time to dance...' and is located on the homepage, just below the header slideshow (http://coloradosquaredance.com/).
Fredie
Gold Members

Postby Geraint » Thu Apr 04, 2013 4:24 pm

There was an issue with the path that the google maps script was being loaded from in the map layout. I upgraded your site and now the map appear.

Remember if you want JUST the map to appear in your latest events module and nothing else you can use

MAP

as your custom format string and NOTHING ELSE
JEvents Club members can get priority forum support at the Support Forum. As well as access to a variety of custom JEvents addons and benefits. Join the JEvents club today!
Geraint

Postby Fredie » Thu Apr 04, 2013 5:18 pm

There was an issue with the path that the google maps script was being loaded from in the map layout. I upgraded your site and now the map appear.

Great. Thank you!

Remember if you want JUST the map to appear in your latest events module and nothing else you can use

MAP

as your custom format string and NOTHING ELSE

Is the custom format string that you're referring to here the one in the 'Latest JEvents' module? It now reads, '${eventDate}[!a: - ${endDate(%I:%M%p)}]<br />${title}' so to have just a map display, I would change it to read, '$MAP', or would I just change it to read 'MAP'?
Fredie
Gold Members

Postby Fredie » Thu Apr 04, 2013 6:23 pm

Some progress/success. Thanks to the help I've gotten here, I now have a mini calendar and a map view displayed inside of my T3 megamenu dropdown. The issues now is T3 related. The two modules are too wide for the available width of the T3 menu, so I'm now trying to find out how to adjust the total wide of the T3 megamenu.
Fredie
Gold Members

Postby Tonyp » Thu Apr 04, 2013 9:09 pm

Hello Fredie,

That's great news! if you need any help styling the modules just provide a link and ask :).

Many thanks
Tony
---------------------------------------
Feel free to PM me if you would like Custom Installs or Joomla! related work for a competitive quote.

Tonyp
Team Staff

Return to JEvents 3.1 (Free Access)