JEvents 3.1 (Free Access)

Migration Script fail with Jparameter error

Forum for JEvents 3.1 for Joomla 3.x and 2.5.
Forum rules
When requesting support please follow these steps:

1. Update all JEvents add on's first, via the Joomla! Updater
2. Copy and Paste the JEvents Support Information from the JEvents Control Panel.
3. If you get a 500 error OR white page, enable Maximum Error Reporting in Joomla! Global Config and visit the page again, this should give you a more detailed error and help us provide a prompt response.

Postby Car0l » Wed Apr 03, 2013 2:56 pm

Hi,
I did the migration of jevent from a joomla 1.5 to joomla3. The migration was done by jupgrade.

I have followed the instruction there : http://www.jevents.net/downloads/catego ... -migration

I got some issues but finally it works. As I did'nt found same issues on the forum I write the workaround I found, in case of someone else got the same.

I got the following error
Code: Select all
migration jevent Fatal error: Class 'JParameter' not found in D:\wamp\www\_tests\site_mig30\upgradejevents.php on line 670

For this error I did the quick and dirty following fix :
Code: Select all
//$row['params'] = $this->convertParams($row['params']);

Then I got an error in the sql about a table which was missing. In the script instruction it's written to delete tables :
In phpMyAdmin or similar, remove all the Joomla 2.5 jevents tables:

j25_jevents_categories
j25_jevents_exception
j25_jevents_catmap
j25_jevents_icsfile
j25_jevents_repbyday
j25_jevents_repetition
j25_jevents_rrule
j25_jevents_vevdetail
j25_jevents_vevent
j25_jev_defaults
j25_jev_users
I did a small backup before deleted them and it was a good thing because I restore this partial backup and reload the script and ... it works :D

I got all my data, the only thing I have to do is :
    reassign menu items as the component is not the same
    reassign modules as position are not the same
A big thanks for this migration script and documentation to support migration.

Cheers
Carole
Car0l

Postby Geraint » Wed Apr 03, 2013 3:05 pm

JParameter was deprecated in Joomla 3.0 - I'll upload a new version of the file which should work in Joomla 3.0 with no changes.
JEvents Club members can get priority forum support at the Support Forum. As well as access to a variety of custom JEvents addons and benefits. Join the JEvents club today!
Geraint

Return to JEvents 3.1 (Free Access)