JEvents 3.1 (Free Access)

Notifications

Forum for JEvents 3.1 for Joomla 3.x and 2.5.
Forum rules
When requesting support please follow these steps:

1. Update all JEvents add on's first, via the Joomla! Updater
2. Copy and Paste the JEvents Support Information from the JEvents Control Panel.
3. If you get a 500 error OR white page, enable Maximum Error Reporting in Joomla! Global Config and visit the page again, this should give you a more detailed error and help us provide a prompt response.

Postby brononi » Fri Jan 11, 2013 6:59 am

Not sure if I got it correct, but i don't get notifcations of events.

Not when i create one.
Not when i change one.
And not when the event is happening.
brononi
Gold Members

Postby Tonyp » Fri Jan 11, 2013 7:57 am

Hello,

We use the Joomla mail handler. Do you receive user registrations? Some times your host does not allow sending email from emails not on the server.

Try changing the event creators email to a server allocated email?

Regards
Tony
---------------------------------------
Feel free to PM me if you would like Custom Installs or Joomla! related work for a competitive quote.

Tonyp
Team Staff

Postby Geraint » Fri Jan 11, 2013 9:54 am

If you create the event yourself you will not get a notification - we assume that you know what you have done. If someone else creates an event then you should then be notified (though there are config options that can suppress this).
JEvents Club members can get priority forum support at the Support Forum. As well as access to a variety of custom JEvents addons and benefits. Join the JEvents club today!
Geraint

Postby brononi » Fri Jan 11, 2013 10:22 am

Tsss, forget to configure my smtp server in this joomla installation. Stupid-stupid-stupid

Creation mails are working now!

Correct me if i'm wrong, but an eventreminder isn't included?
brononi
Gold Members

Postby Geraint » Fri Jan 11, 2013 10:25 am

event reminders is part of RSVP Pro (a gold member addon which also supports invitations and event registration).

notifications of new/changed/unpublished events to different classes of Joomla users is a silver member addon.
JEvents Club members can get priority forum support at the Support Forum. As well as access to a variety of custom JEvents addons and benefits. Join the JEvents club today!
Geraint

Postby brononi » Fri Jan 11, 2013 10:59 am

Damned :oops:

Would be great to have it for my private use.
But a bit expensive for private use.

But nevertheless a great tool. I'll see if i can live without the notification... :?
brononi
Gold Members

Postby pleter » Tue May 28, 2013 2:58 pm

When I was having issues with not receiving event notifications it turned out to be my host that was the problem with their email restrictions. It's simple to get around this though so check this.
pleter

Postby joeAustralia » Fri Mar 28, 2014 1:33 am

I have 2 identical sites (well one is in spanish and one is in english)

One of them is sending user created event notifications and the other is not, both sites seem to have the same settings.

http://hotmagazine.co.cr/anadir-eventos <---- not working
http://hotmagazinecr.com/add-events <---- works

you can try logging into the site with:

any help is appreciated.
Last edited by Geraint on Fri Mar 28, 2014 10:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Removed login credtials from public forum post
joeAustralia
Silver Members

Postby Geraint » Fri Mar 28, 2014 10:41 am

By event created notifications you mean the one sent to the event admin when a new event is created?

On your spanish site do your event creators have permission to publish their own events? Check the notification settings in the JEvents config because published events don't always send a notification unless you enable notifications for ALL events created.
Geraint

Postby joeAustralia » Mon Apr 14, 2014 7:52 pm

Iv been working on this for a while now, i removed fabrik and things are working better now, I just installed User - Create JEvents Authorized User, and again one site is not working and the other is working as expected.

Unfortunately the error is on the Spanish version (main version) of the site so i cant even search for people with similar situations. below is the error in Spanish and the error reporting.

Error
Estos calendarios no se han configurado correctamente. Debido a este hecho no va a poder guardar este evento. Por favor, informe al administrador del sitio.

Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in /chroot/home/hotmaga/hotmagazine.co.cr/html/administrator/components/com_jevents/controllers/icalevent.php on line 573
joeAustralia
Silver Members

Next

Return to JEvents 3.1 (Free Access)