JEvents 3.1 (Free Access)

Test of overlap events  Topic is solved

Forum for JEvents 3.1 for Joomla 3.x and 2.5.
Forum rules
When requesting support please follow these steps:

1. Update all JEvents add on's first, via the Joomla! Updater
2. Copy and Paste the JEvents Support Information from the JEvents Control Panel.
3. If you get a 500 error OR white page, enable Maximum Error Reporting in Joomla! Global Config and visit the page again, this should give you a more detailed error and help us provide a prompt response.

Postby Geraint » Thu Jan 10, 2013 3:58 pm

Do you WANT to STOP this overlap test or you are seeing an overlap test and DO NOT want this to happen?

Did you enable the general overlapping check or the category specific overlapping check?

Are "Calendar Principal", "SubCalendar1" and "SubCalendar2" JEvents calendars or categories? If they are categories then events in SubCalendar1 and SubCalendar2 are ALSO in Calendar Principal so overlaps will be blocked.

If they are not categories but are calendars we can't block overlaps in specific calendars.

Does that make sense?
JEvents Club members can get priority forum support at the Support Forum. As well as access to a variety of custom JEvents addons and benefits. Join the JEvents club today!
Geraint

Postby SMagnus » Thu Jan 10, 2013 5:10 pm

thanks, is it...
has anything i can do to put some code in php to try do it? or u can help me to do it is also calendars, if i create new category i need change it on hand and i don't need that^^... sorry for you lost many time with that...
SMagnus

Postby Geraint » Fri Jan 11, 2013 10:02 am

I am being STUPID - checking the code I realised that I have already coded up the checks on calendar specific overlaps. when you edit a calendar there is a question "Check for overlapping events?".

If you want to look at how the script does the checks then please see the code at components/com_jevents/libraries/checkconflict.php
JEvents Club members can get priority forum support at the Support Forum. As well as access to a variety of custom JEvents addons and benefits. Join the JEvents club today!
Geraint

Postby SMagnus » Thu Jan 17, 2013 2:58 pm

hiho Geraint,
Without check overlap, where i find the insert of events in database on folders....?
ty againfor help...
SMagnus

Postby SMagnus » Mon Feb 04, 2013 3:04 pm

how i can do apply check overlap with out select calendar???
SMagnus

Postby Geraint » Mon Feb 04, 2013 3:23 pm

There are 2 overlapping event checks:

1. Universal/Global - no overlpping events are allowed anywhere in Jevents
2. Specific overlapping checks - here category or calendar specific overlapping checks are undertaken

You want option 2.

Then edit your calendar and set the option to check for overlapping events in that specific calendar.

By default specific calendars and categories ALLOW overlaps so you have to set the calendar/category specific parameter to BLOCK overlaps.
Geraint

Postby SMagnus » Mon Feb 04, 2013 4:05 pm

qual tabela do banco de dados eu encontro a id das categorias pois encontrei na tabela #_jevents_vevent a coluna catid e eu quero acrescentar na mão o teste de catid = catid(vem do site) e gostaria da sua ajuda para isso pois não quero criar um calendário para cada categoria se não vou ter de ficar selecionando o calendário cada vez que eu criar um evento no site.

para melhor explicar eu estou pondo 25 categorias divididas por grupos na frente do site porem se eu ativo a verificação de overlap ele checa em todos pois não criei um calendário para cada categoria e se eu criar ele sempre pede para verificar a qual calendário pertence e eu não consegui por para cada categoria o seu calendário padrão...
SMagnus

Postby SMagnus » Mon Feb 04, 2013 4:13 pm

e com isso ao invés de procurar apenas dento do Jevents e ter o problema que estou tendo eu vou checar as categorias junto ao numero do evento e com isso permitir que eu tenha um controle apenas pela categoria e id e evitando overlap em outras categorias
SMagnus

Postby Geraint » Tue Feb 05, 2013 10:28 am

From Google Translate
"which table in the database I find the id of the categories as found in table # _jevents_vevent catid column and I want to add the hand test catid = catid (comes from the site) and would like your help for that because I do not want to create a calendar for each category if not I'll have to get by selecting the calendar every time I create an event on the site.

to better explain I'm putting 25 categories divided into groups in front of the site if I put an active checking it checks overlap at all because I did not create a calendar for each category and if I create it always asks to check which calendar belongs and I I could not get through to each category your default calendar ...
and with that instead of seeking only the dento JEvents and have the problem I'm having I'll check the categories with the number of the event and thereby allow me to have control just by category and id and avoiding overlap into other categories"

I'm afriad I really don't understand what your problem is. You can use categories OR calendars to check for overlapping events but not the combination. Is that your problem? You only want to block overlaps that are in the SAME calendar AND category?

The category information is in the main Joomla #__categories table. Also if you are using mulit-category events you need to look at the jevents catmap table too.
Geraint

Postby SMagnus » Tue Feb 05, 2013 10:48 am

i will use only one calendar like default and check only in each category
SMagnus

PreviousNext

Return to JEvents 3.1 (Free Access)