JEvents 3.1 (Free Access)

Multi-Categories are reset  Topic is solved

Forum for JEvents 3.1 for Joomla 3.x and 2.5.
Forum rules
When requesting support please follow these steps:

1. Update all JEvents add on's first, via the Joomla! Updater
2. Copy and Paste the JEvents Support Information from the JEvents Control Panel.
3. If you get a 500 error OR white page, enable Maximum Error Reporting in Joomla! Global Config and visit the page again, this should give you a more detailed error and help us provide a prompt response.

Postby sonnenlanze » Wed Dec 12, 2012 4:07 pm

After my issues with RSVP Pro I followed the advice and installed Jevents 3.0RC2 on my test-site.

Now every time I add mutiple categories to an event, it's always resetted after a time (I'm constantly changing module settings and component config).
I don't exaclty know which action resets the multi categories, but someting does...

Code: Select all
Joomla : 2.5.8
component_com_jevents : 3.0.0 RC2
module_mod_jevents_cal : 3.0.0 RC2
module_mod_jevents_filter : 3.0.0 RC2
module_mod_jevents_latest : 3.0.0 RC2
module_mod_jevents_legend : 3.0.0 RC2
module_mod_jevents_switchview : 3.0.0 RC2
layout_manifest : 3.0.0
plugin_finder_jevents : 3.0.0 RC2
plugin_search_eventsearch : 3.0.0 RC2

Did this happen before?
Sincerely,
Vanessa :)
sonnenlanze

Postby Tonyp » Wed Dec 12, 2012 9:30 pm

Hello Vanessa,

Thank you for testing :).

So to confirm, when you save the config it defaults back to non multi-category?

Or it removes your multi-category selection in events?

Many thanks
Tony
---------------------------------------
Feel free to PM me if you would like Custom Installs or Joomla! related work for a competitive quote.

Tonyp
Team Staff

Postby sonnenlanze » Wed Dec 12, 2012 10:45 pm

It removes the additional categories so only one remains. I can add more categories again - but any change and saving the config removes the additional category selection again.
sonnenlanze

Postby Geraint » Thu Dec 13, 2012 10:55 am

Can you be explicit about what you are changing and what you have problems with:
1. Is it editing the JEvents config that you can't get the 'multi-category' events setting to 'stick', or
2. When editing an existing event that the category selection always goes back to a single category, or
3. When editing a menu item that the category selection always goes back to a single category

thanks
JEvents Club members can get priority forum support at the Support Forum. As well as access to a variety of custom JEvents addons and benefits. Join the JEvents club today!
Geraint

Postby sonnenlanze » Thu Dec 13, 2012 2:54 pm

4. When editing and saving the jevents configuration, the category selection always goes back to a single category.
:)

Can this be a side effect of having installed, re-installed and de-installed several Jevents-Versions, Plugins and Modules several times?
sonnenlanze

Postby Geraint » Thu Dec 13, 2012 3:17 pm

There isn't a category selection in the JEvents config just the question "Enable multi-category events (Joomla 2.5+)". Is it this option that is re-setting when you save?

Which version of JEvents and Joomla are you using?
JEvents Club members can get priority forum support at the Support Forum. As well as access to a variety of custom JEvents addons and benefits. Join the JEvents club today!
Geraint

Postby sonnenlanze » Fri Dec 14, 2012 9:32 am

I've posted it earlier. I don't need to change anything specific.
ANY change results in lost categories.
sonnenlanze

Postby Geraint » Fri Dec 14, 2012 11:04 am

Sorry I missed that.

Unfortunately I really don't understand where your problem is because there are no categories set in the JEvents config.

Can you upload a partial screenshot to illustrate your problem since I think we are not understanding each other properly. You'll need to post a full reply to see the image upload option

Thanks.
Geraint

Postby sonnenlanze » Fri Dec 14, 2012 11:41 am

Hi Geraint,

sorry, that's not possible anymore :/ I've re-installed Jevents 2.x today to find a way around my RSVP Pro / Legend Module Problem...

I'll try to contruct the issue again on a local installation. may take a bit...
sonnenlanze

Postby sonnenlanze » Fri Dec 14, 2012 12:12 pm

Okay, I can reproduce the issue on localhost with new installation!
multi-cats.png
First - multi-categories work!
multi-cats.png (44.35 KiB) Viewed 1518 times
sonnenlanze

Next

Return to JEvents 3.1 (Free Access)