Jevents 2.x (Free Access)

Joomfish 2.5 and Jevents 2.2 Problem on Joomla 2.5  Topic is solved

Discuss JEvents 2.x for Joomla 1.5-2.5 here - club members can use the special club forum for faster response times.
Forum rules
When requesting support please follow these steps:

1. Update all JEvents add on's first, via the Joomla! Updater
2. Copy and Paste the JEvents Support Information from the JEvents Control Panel.
3. If you get a 500 error OR white page, enable Maximum Error Reporting in Joomla! Global Config and visit the page again, this should give you a more detailed error and help us provide a prompt response.

Postby kruechten » Fri Apr 19, 2013 1:49 pm

Hi fellow Joomla Enthusiasts,

I am trying to get Joomfish 2.5.1 to work with Jevents 2.2.8 on a Joomla 2.5.9 Installation without success...

I have found the information to create a contentelement for joomfish and name it "jevents_vevdetail.xml". See contents of my file below:

Code: Select all
<?xml version="1.0" ?>
<joomfish type="contentelement">
  <name>JEvents</name>
  <author>Mathis Dirksen-Thedens</author>
  <version>1.0</version>
  <description>Definition for JEvents Component</description>
  <reference>
     <table name="jevents_vevdetail">
      <field type="referenceid" name="evdet_id" translate="0">ID</field>
      <field type="titletext" name="summary" translate="1">Summary</field>
      <field type="htmltext" name="description" translate="1">Description</field>
      <field type="text" name="location" translate="1">Location</field>
      <field type="text" name="url" translate="1">URL</field>
      <field type="text" name="organizer" translate="1">Organizer</field>
      <field type="text" name="contact" translate="1">Contact</field>
      <field type="text" name="extra_info" translate="1">Extra</field>
     </table>
  </reference>
</joomfish>

When I install that file via Joomfish Content Element Installer it confirms the process.
But when I go back to my translations, unfortunately no Jevents option is given to me as a content element. Therefore I cannot translate anything.

I can see the xml in the folder with all the other content elements (docman, etc.) in libraries/joomfish/contentelement/contentelements. The others work, but not my Jevents XML :-(.

What am I missing? Is this related to the XML file not working in Joomfish 2.5?

I would buy a membership if that would solve the problem, just unsure if there is a solution in the silver or gold forums or downloads area...

Can anyone help in any way?

Thank you for your time.

Steffen
kruechten

Postby Geraint » Sun Apr 21, 2013 5:38 am

Does the format of the xml file look any different to the other xml files you have?
JEvents Club members can get priority forum support at the Support Forum. As well as access to a variety of custom JEvents addons and benefits. Join the JEvents club today!
Geraint

Postby kruechten » Mon Apr 22, 2013 8:43 am

No, that is what I dont understand... The docman xml for instance looks like this:

Code: Select all
<?xml version="1.0" ?>
<joomfish type="contentelement">
  <name>DOCman:categories</name>
  <author>Sanjib Ahmad (sanjib@sanjib.org)</author>
  <version>2.5</version>
  <description>DOCman Categories Definition for Joom!Fish 2.5</description>
  <reference>
     <table name="docman_categories">
        <field type="referenceid" name="id" translate="0">ID</field>
       <field type="titletext" name="title" translate="1">Category Title</field>
        <field type="text" name="name" translate="1">Category Alias</field>
        <field type="htmltext" name="description" translate="1">Description</field>
     </table>
  </reference>
</joomfish>

The docman XML is even an old one for an older joomfish version and it still works...

As far as I see it, the xml for jevents should work, but doesn't. I even compared the database tables names and they seem to match too...

Any ideas? I am really stuck on this problem...
kruechten

Postby Geraint » Mon Apr 22, 2013 11:16 am

Are you saying that the JEvents option doesn't appear in the drop down of translation types?

Do you need to publish/enable the content element file?
JEvents Club members can get priority forum support at the Support Forum. As well as access to a variety of custom JEvents addons and benefits. Join the JEvents club today!
Geraint

Postby kruechten » Mon Apr 22, 2013 11:30 am

Yes, in the Dropdown there is Content, Menus and also Docman, etc. but no Jevents.

As far as I know you just install the xml in "content elements", no publishing needed...
kruechten

Postby Geraint » Tue Apr 23, 2013 9:51 am

Do you actually have any events to translate?
Geraint

Postby kruechten » Tue Apr 23, 2013 10:01 am

Yes of course, I have about 300 to translate... and even if there were none, shouldn't the contentelement always show up?

I actually tried to switch the translation to falang and there the XML file works! So I guess this is a problem related to the new joomfish version...

Although I would like to stick with joomfish, if there is no solution for my problem I will have to make it work with falang...

Would be nice to know though why it doesn't work... More of a joomfish problem than a Jevents I guess...
kruechten

Postby Geraint » Tue Apr 23, 2013 10:41 am

Try to remove the parts of the XML file that are not there in the Docman file and change the version line to 2.5

Deos that help?
Geraint

Postby kruechten » Wed Apr 24, 2013 9:16 am

Oh my God! I just found the problem. What a stupid little thing...

In my jevents_vevdetail.xml there were two tabs indentation to the XML file. I never realised this, just now as I compared it to the docman.xml.

So for anyone having similar problems with Joomfish content elements: your XML needs to start right at the beginning of the line! No Tabs, Spaces or any indentation before the opening Tags <joomfish ... etc.

Solved, I guess... Thanks for helping me on the right path! Great Extension!
kruechten

Postby Tonyp » Wed Apr 24, 2013 6:30 pm

Very glad to hear you have it resolved :).

Regards
Tony
---------------------------------------
Feel free to PM me if you would like Custom Installs or Joomla! related work for a competitive quote.

Tonyp
Team Staff

Return to Jevents 2.x (Free Access)