Jevents 2.x (Free Access)

Error messages after installing [v3.0.9 Stable

Discuss JEvents 2.x for Joomla 1.5-2.5 here - club members can use the special club forum for faster response times.
Forum rules
When requesting support please follow these steps:

1. Update all JEvents add on's first, via the Joomla! Updater
2. Copy and Paste the JEvents Support Information from the JEvents Control Panel.
3. If you get a 500 error OR white page, enable Maximum Error Reporting in Joomla! Global Config and visit the page again, this should give you a more detailed error and help us provide a prompt response.

Postby fishwitch » Mon Apr 15, 2013 7:01 pm

I have never had this before then all of a sudden I'm getting "Strict Standards" error messages after installation...

Example:
Strict Standards: Only variables should be assigned by reference in C:\xampp\htdocs\Jackson\administrator\components\com_jevents\fields\jevboolean.php on line 47

Strict Standards: Only variables should be assigned by reference in C:\xampp\htdocs\Jackson\administrator\components\com_jevents\fields\jevboolean.php on line 47

Strict Standards: Only variables should be assigned by reference in C:\xampp\htdocs\Jackson\administrator\components\com_jevents\fields\jevinfo.php on line 53

Strict Standards: Only variables should be assigned by reference in C:\xampp\htdocs\Jackson\administrator\components\com_jevents\fields\jevinfo.php on line 77

I have tried everything and can not get rid of these.. Please help.
fishwitch
Silver Members

Postby Tonyp » Mon Apr 15, 2013 7:13 pm

Hello,

This is because XAMPP installs php by default and activates strict standards.

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=xampp+disable+strict+standards
---------------------------------------
Feel free to PM me if you would like Custom Installs or Joomla! related work for a competitive quote.

Tonyp
Team Staff

Postby fishwitch » Mon Apr 15, 2013 10:13 pm

This is very strange.. I have had absolutely not problems in the past and I've done 5 Joomla sites and have installed JEvents to all. All worked perfectly on my LocalHost... I have tried your suggestion but still had error messages.. I turned off the error messages which of course got rid of all the messages, but now the events will not show up when reviewing the page in progress. I'm very frustrated .. :(
fishwitch
Silver Members

Postby carcam » Mon Apr 15, 2013 11:07 pm

Only events are not showing up or was the whole page broken?
¿Sabías que tenemos soporte en español para los miembros del Club de JEvents? ¡ÚNETE AHORA!
carcam
Team Staff

Postby fishwitch » Mon Apr 15, 2013 11:14 pm

I had installed version 3.. I have since uninstalled it and installed version 2.2.5... now the Lastest Events Mod is showing upcoming events..
Before I uninstalled v3, the Lastest Events mod was showing but only the title.. not any of the events.. I'll stick with the older version now.. thank you!!
fishwitch
Silver Members

Return to Jevents 2.x (Free Access)