Jevents 2.x (Free Access)

RSS feed into Feedly

Discuss JEvents 2.x for Joomla 1.5-2.5 here - club members can use the special club forum for faster response times.
Forum rules
When requesting support please follow these steps:

1. Update all JEvents add on's first, via the Joomla! Updater
2. Copy and Paste the JEvents Support Information from the JEvents Control Panel.
3. If you get a 500 error OR white page, enable Maximum Error Reporting in Joomla! Global Config and visit the page again, this should give you a more detailed error and help us provide a prompt response.

Postby CMoorhouse » Wed Apr 10, 2013 6:48 pm

Hi

I am using jevents on a website for a local school. I have been asked what RSS feed reader I would recommend that is suitable for users on the go. Having done some research i am swaying towards feedly or netvibes but would appreciate your thoughts? Feedly seeming a simpler solution for those not wanting a whole dashboard.

It will need to ideally work for desktop users, mobile and tablet users or varying makes and various browsers.

Having mentioned feedly, I have also encountered a problem when it links to feedly - it is not listing my dates chronologically to the date of the event. Any ideas as to why? One date is listed randly at the end.-+

It works perfectly in netvibes and in feeder.co which i have been using.

thank you in advance for your help and views
Caroline
CMoorhouse
Gold Members

Postby carcam » Wed Apr 10, 2013 10:50 pm

RSS feeds usually shows items ordered by creation date and not by its content. might be this the reason?
¿Sabías que tenemos soporte en español para los miembros del Club de JEvents? ¡ÚNETE AHORA!
carcam
Team Staff

Postby CMoorhouse » Thu Apr 11, 2013 8:30 pm

I am afraid re feedly it isn't listed in the order they were created either. Nor is feedly listing a new event i have just created which will occur at a midway date between the others currently listed.

Netvibes has them in the correct chronological order by date of the event but also does not list the new event i have just created.

What I am after is an rss feed / feeder that will:
- ping parents as new dates are listed in the school calendar.
- ping parents if a date changes (removing ideally the old listing)
- when a parent proactively looks at the dates via their RSS feed for it to show them the 5 next up and coming event dates (in the date order in which the event occurs)

I have tried a mix of feedly, netvibes and other feeders but all have a fault or another or at least not achieving the above.

I need a solution even if different for all browsers and ideally also a mobile solution

Any help or suggestions would be great

thank you
Caroline
CMoorhouse
Gold Members

Return to Jevents 2.x (Free Access)