Jevents 2.x (Free Access)

Install error - An appropriate representation...  Topic is solved

Discuss JEvents 2.x for Joomla 1.5-2.5 here - club members can use the special club forum for faster response times.
Forum rules
When requesting support please follow these steps:

1. Update all JEvents add on's first, via the Joomla! Updater
2. Copy and Paste the JEvents Support Information from the JEvents Control Panel.
3. If you get a 500 error OR white page, enable Maximum Error Reporting in Joomla! Global Config and visit the page again, this should give you a more detailed error and help us provide a prompt response.

Postby s32k » Tue Apr 09, 2013 12:33 pm

I have been able to upload and install JEvents 2.2.8 on Joomla 2.5 to the point where I get a 'successfully installed' message and the configuration screen is displayed. When I try to save the configuration I get the following error:

Not Acceptable

An appropriate representation of the requested resource /administrator/index.php could not be found on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

I have tried uploading and installing the .zip file, and uploading the contents of the unzipped file to install from a directory with the same result both times.

Thank you for any advice you can give.
s32k

Postby Geraint » Tue Apr 09, 2013 1:02 pm

It sounds as though you may have a security addon or setting on your server that is objecting to one of the names or content of the JEvents config - or possibly not capable of coping with the number of variables.

Most likely explanation is the suhosin patch for PHP - if this is enabled on your server try relaxing the constraints in it.
JEvents Club members can get priority forum support at the Support Forum. As well as access to a variety of custom JEvents addons and benefits. Join the JEvents club today!
Geraint

Postby s32k » Tue Apr 09, 2013 1:20 pm

Thanks for the quick response. Do I need to ask my hosting provider about this? What I know about PHP and Linux/Unix would fit on the head of a pin (I'm a Windows body) and it sounds like I need someone with who has more access to the server settings than I have.
s32k

Postby Tonyp » Tue Apr 09, 2013 3:45 pm

Hello,

I would ask your host if unsure. It can likely be overridden by a custom php.ini but check with your host.

Regards
Tony
---------------------------------------
Feel free to PM me if you would like Custom Installs or Joomla! related work for a competitive quote.

Tonyp
Team Staff

Postby s32k » Tue Apr 09, 2013 6:24 pm

Will do.

Thank you.
s32k

Postby s32k » Thu Apr 11, 2013 8:22 am

I contacted our hosting provider who said the issue was caused due by mod_security rules restrictions. They excluded some rules for our domain and all is working now.

Thank you for your help.
s32k

Return to Jevents 2.x (Free Access)