Jevents 2.x (Free Access)

installation error

Discuss JEvents 2.x for Joomla 1.5-2.5 here - club members can use the special club forum for faster response times.
Forum rules
When requesting support please follow these steps:

1. Update all JEvents add on's first, via the Joomla! Updater
2. Copy and Paste the JEvents Support Information from the JEvents Control Panel.
3. If you get a 500 error OR white page, enable Maximum Error Reporting in Joomla! Global Config and visit the page again, this should give you a more detailed error and help us provide a prompt response.

Postby mclbooks » Wed Mar 20, 2013 8:27 pm

I'm trying to install com_jevents_2.2.8.zip to Joomla! 2.5 upgrade but get error messages icon: (i) "Error installing compnent" and icon: (-) "Component Install: DB function reports no errors". I have uploaded and installed all the other elements, but now when I try to view my upgraded home page I only get the message: "JEvents Calendar / This module needs the JEvents component."
Any help would be appreciated!
Matthew
mclbooks

Postby Tonyp » Wed Mar 20, 2013 9:22 pm

Hello Mathew,

The error means the component is not installed but you have installed the module.

If you are using Joomla! 2.5 is there any reason you are not using JEvents 3.x which comes as a package install?

http://www.jevents.net/downloads/category/77-jevents-30

Regards
Tony
---------------------------------------
Feel free to PM me if you would like Custom Installs or Joomla! related work for a competitive quote.

Tonyp
Team Staff

Postby mclbooks » Thu Mar 21, 2013 1:39 pm

I didn't know there was a version 3. Just tried to install and got the same error. I think now it has something to do with Joomla listing previous install attempts as existing components in Extension Manager/Manage, but it won't let me uninstall them (naturally enough, as they don't exist) or purge them. Any thoughts?
Regards,
Matthew
mclbooks

Postby Geraint » Thu Mar 21, 2013 2:13 pm

Check the directory permissions in the Joomla System information or install Akeeba Admin tools and check the permissions with that
JEvents Club members can get priority forum support at the Support Forum. As well as access to a variety of custom JEvents addons and benefits. Join the JEvents club today!
Geraint

Postby mclbooks » Thu Mar 21, 2013 3:30 pm

I installed Admin Tools, cleaned the temp directory, made sure all permissions are set as "writable," purged caches, etc. Components are still listed for every instance of afailed attempt to install jEvents. I can't delete, uninstall, or change permissions on files that don't exist, so what should I be doing or looking for?
Thanks,
Matthew
mclbooks

Postby Tonyp » Thu Mar 21, 2013 4:20 pm

Hello Matthew,

This sounds like you have had an install and had the folders partly deleted?

Can you unzip the JEvents zip file v2.2.8 then upload it via FTP?

Admin belongs in:

Administrator/components/com_jevents/

Site belongs in:

Components/com_jevents/

Then install it his the Joomla extension manager.
---------------------------------------
Feel free to PM me if you would like Custom Installs or Joomla! related work for a competitive quote.

Tonyp
Team Staff

Return to Jevents 2.x (Free Access)