Jevents 2.x (Free Access)

Permissions

Discuss JEvents 2.x for Joomla 1.5-2.5 here - club members can use the special club forum for faster response times.
Forum rules
When requesting support please follow these steps:

1. Update all JEvents add on's first, via the Joomla! Updater
2. Copy and Paste the JEvents Support Information from the JEvents Control Panel.
3. If you get a 500 error OR white page, enable Maximum Error Reporting in Joomla! Global Config and visit the page again, this should give you a more detailed error and help us provide a prompt response.

Postby libraent » Thu Mar 14, 2013 3:57 pm

I'm using Joomla 2.5.9 and jevents 2.2.8. I've searched the forums about permissions and that confused me more. LOL

I have a group called "board" under public, I created a new category so only members of "board" can access, but it does not give them access. If I change to "registered" every registered member can see it, so I used "special". Under the category permissions, I changed all items to allow/deny, none of them are set to inherit.

Any thoughts of how to give only that group permission?

Thanks!
libraent

Postby libraent » Thu Mar 14, 2013 7:17 pm

Found the problem, thanks anyways
libraent

Postby libraent » Thu Mar 14, 2013 7:41 pm

The category is working for only "board" members now, but when I login as admin, in month view, at the bottom I have a choice to view only 1 category, when I login as a board member, that drop down does not appear. How can I get that there?

Thanks again!
libraent

Postby Tonyp » Thu Mar 14, 2013 9:16 pm

Hello,

That dropdown at the bottom is for administrators only.

I would suggest using the Filter Module, adding in category then placing it in a custom JEvents module position say:

jevpostjevents

For a list of all possible JEvents Custom Module positions see:

jevpretoolbar, jevpretoolbar_year.listevents, jevpretoolbar_week.listevents, jevpretoolbar_cat.listevents, jevpretoolbar_day.listevents, jevpretoolbar_month.calendar
jevposttoolbar, jevposttoolbar_year.listevents, jevposttoolbar_week.listevents, jevposttoolbar_cat.listevents, jevposttoolbar_day.listevents, jevposttoolbar_month.calendar
jevpostjevents, jevpostjevents_year.listevents, jevpostjevents_week.listevents, jevpostjevents_cat.listevents, jevpostjevents_day.listevents, jevpostjevents_month.calendar
jevpreeditevent, jevposteditevent, jevpreeditrepeat, jevposteditrepeat

Regards
Tony
---------------------------------------
Feel free to PM me if you would like Custom Installs or Joomla! related work for a competitive quote.

Tonyp
Team Staff

Return to Jevents 2.x (Free Access)