Jevents 2.x (Free Access)

Date/Time display in List Row and Event Detail views  Topic is solved

Discuss JEvents 2.x for Joomla 1.5-2.5 here - club members can use the special club forum for faster response times.
Forum rules
When requesting support please follow these steps:

1. Update all JEvents add on's first, via the Joomla! Updater
2. Copy and Paste the JEvents Support Information from the JEvents Control Panel.
3. If you get a 500 error OR white page, enable Maximum Error Reporting in Joomla! Global Config and visit the page again, this should give you a more detailed error and help us provide a prompt response.

Postby elecstix » Sat Feb 23, 2013 6:34 pm

Hi, I have been trying JEvents and like the results a lot but I am suddenly having a problem with the date and time display in the List Row Detail and Event Detail display.
I found that the {{Repeat Summary:REPEATSUMMARY}} field seemed to present what I was looking for i.e a complete display of event date and times but now the display has altered and the times show as H:i

The latest events module remains working really well.

Any ideas on how to resolve?

Many thanks

Joomla : 2.5.6
component_com_jevents : 2.2.8
module_mod_jevents_latest : 2.2.5
plugin_extensions_joomlalinks : 2.0.0beta1 (not enabled)
plugin_editors_jce : 2.2.5.3 (not enabled)
[/code]
elecstix

Postby Geraint » Sun Feb 24, 2013 12:26 pm

Please check your date/time format settings in JEvents config - change them to something other than language file.

The language file formats are described here http://www.jevents.net/jevents-15-topme ... events-154
JEvents Club members can get priority forum support at the Support Forum. As well as access to a variety of custom JEvents addons and benefits. Join the JEvents club today!
Geraint

Postby elecstix » Sun Feb 24, 2013 5:56 pm

Thank you Geraint, that has solved the issue straightaway. I think an accidental change crept in!
JEvents is a great extension and I will certainly be checking out the doc you referred to.
Thanks again,
Rob
elecstix

Postby WHIS » Thu Feb 06, 2014 6:13 pm

Geraint wrote:Please check your date/time format settings in JEvents config - change them to something other than language file.

The language file formats are described here http://www.jevents.net/jevents-15-topme ... events-154

Hi

I can't get this to work.

If i copy and paste {{Start Date:STARTDATE;%A, %d %B %Y}} from that page into my List Row Detail custom layout, or Event Detail view, then it just ends up blank where it should be on the front end.

The only way i can change the date format is by choosing "from language file" for Date Format in the config settings, and overriding DATE_FORMAT_0 in the language manager to the format i want. But then the format is the same for both the List Row Detail and the Event Detail view when i need them to be different formats.

How can i get this to work?

Thanks
WHIS
Gold Members

Postby Tonyp » Thu Feb 06, 2014 7:23 pm

Is the site on a local windows System?

Thanks
Tony
---------------------------------------
Feel free to PM me if you would like Custom Installs or Joomla! related work for a competitive quote.

Tonyp
Team Staff

Postby WHIS » Thu Feb 06, 2014 7:37 pm

It's a live site. I switched error reporting on to maximum but there doesn't seem to be any error message about it.

This shows up: {{Start Time:STARTTIME}}

This makes nothing show up: {{Start Time:STARTTIME;%H %M %S}}

The date format is set to language file at the moment. If i set it back to English/French the same thing happens.

Thanks
WHIS
Gold Members

Postby Geraint » Fri Feb 07, 2014 7:42 am

{{Start Time:STARTTIME;%H %M %S}} will only work JEvents 3.1.16 onwards - this forum is for JEvent 2. Which version do you have?
JEvents Club members can get priority forum support at the Support Forum. As well as access to a variety of custom JEvents addons and benefits. Join the JEvents club today!
Geraint

Postby WHIS » Fri Feb 07, 2014 10:32 am

Geraint wrote:{{Start Time:STARTTIME;%H %M %S}} will only work JEvents 3.1.16 onwards - this forum is for JEvent 2. Which version do you have?
My apologies, i found this thread through a search and didn't notice the title.

However, i am using JEvents v3.1.12

Do you want me to make a new thread?
WHIS
Gold Members

Postby Geraint » Fri Feb 07, 2014 11:30 am

No - try the upgrade to JEvents 3.1.16 this feature was implemented AFTER 3.1.12 was released
Geraint

Postby WHIS » Fri Feb 07, 2014 1:27 pm

Geraint wrote:No - try the upgrade to JEvents 3.1.16 this feature was implemented AFTER 3.1.12 was released
Whoops sorry, didn't notice that. Works fine now. Thanks.
WHIS
Gold Members

Return to Jevents 2.x (Free Access)