Jevents 2.x (Free Access)

Hidden Field in Public Events  Topic is solved

Discuss JEvents 2.x for Joomla 1.5-2.5 here - club members can use the special club forum for faster response times.
Forum rules
When requesting support please follow these steps:

1. Update all JEvents add on's first, via the Joomla! Updater
2. Copy and Paste the JEvents Support Information from the JEvents Control Panel.
3. If you get a 500 error OR white page, enable Maximum Error Reporting in Joomla! Global Config and visit the page again, this should give you a more detailed error and help us provide a prompt response.

Postby whelfand » Wed Feb 20, 2013 3:11 pm

We would like to use our JEvents v2.2.8 calendar as the main calendar for all of our events, meetings, and functions. I have created public, private, and restricted categories which are all working very well. We would like to have a field on ALL events that is viewable to one restricted group only (our staff) and data would be changed and entered by an even smaller subset of facilities staff. This field would contain information that we do not want public to see like contact info for private events and set-up information for our facilities staff as well as other notes. We would need this field on all events but we would like it not to be visible to the public ever.

Is this possible with our existing version? If not, would it be possible to get a custom add-on for this and who would I contact?

Thanks in advance for your help,

Wendy Helfand
whelfand

Postby carcam » Thu Feb 21, 2013 6:52 am

Hi Wendy,
there is a hidden detail for non-users plugin available for Silver Club members that allows you to hide all the details of an event for non-logged in users.

Also Custom Fields addon, allows you to add extra fields to the event and set you access level for these fields so that only users of the specific Access View level you set can see these fields when looking at the event.
¿Sabías que tenemos soporte en español para los miembros del Club de JEvents? ¡ÚNETE AHORA!
carcam
Team Staff

Postby whelfand » Thu Feb 21, 2013 2:22 pm

Thank you so much for the quick answer! The Custom Fields add on seems like exactly what we need.

Excuse my ignorance for protocol but I understand when you state that the Silver Club makes the plugin available, but do I need that plugin first and then get the add on Custom Fields or are they two separate items? If so, how would I get the Custom Fields add on?

Also, for my finance department, do we have to maintain Silver Club membership to maintain these two items once they are downloaded?

Thanks again and in advance for your helpful answers,

Wendy Helfand
whelfand

Postby Geraint » Thu Feb 21, 2013 3:06 pm

No need to renew to carry on using what you have downloading as a club member - you would loose support and access to new updates though.

Carcam was talking about 2 separate addons which club members can download and use - see http://www.jevents.net/products/custom-fields for more info on the custom fields addon.

The downloads are available here http://www.jevents.net/downloads
JEvents Club members can get priority forum support at the Support Forum. As well as access to a variety of custom JEvents addons and benefits. Join the JEvents club today!
Geraint

Postby whelfand » Thu Feb 21, 2013 6:09 pm

Cha-ching! Another question answered and I am now a Silver Member. I will report back on this Plugin for posterity. Thanks to Geraint Edwards and "carcam" for the very quick responses. ~Wendy
whelfand

Postby carcam » Fri Feb 22, 2013 6:54 am

You are welcome!! See you in the Club forums ;)
¿Sabías que tenemos soporte en español para los miembros del Club de JEvents? ¡ÚNETE AHORA!
carcam
Team Staff

Return to Jevents 2.x (Free Access)