Jevents 2.x (Free Access)

what is the RSS feed url for a category?

Discuss JEvents 2.x for Joomla 1.5-2.5 here - club members can use the special club forum for faster response times.
Forum rules
When requesting support please follow these steps:

1. Update all JEvents add on's first, via the Joomla! Updater
2. Copy and Paste the JEvents Support Information from the JEvents Control Panel.
3. If you get a 500 error OR white page, enable Maximum Error Reporting in Joomla! Global Config and visit the page again, this should give you a more detailed error and help us provide a prompt response.

Postby hockmasm » Thu Feb 14, 2013 2:01 pm

stuattpoul wrote:hey i have solution for you..
read this tutorial....
http://www.valandis.de/en/joomla-tips/7 ... ml?start=1
i hope you found this helpful.
thanks,

that doesn't work for calendar categories. i tried and joomla category blog or list only selects from your joomla sections/categories, NOT calendar items.

if you know how to do that let me know please.
hockmasm
Bronze Members

Postby hockmasm » Fri Feb 15, 2013 7:49 pm

do the developers have an answer for this?
hockmasm
Bronze Members

Postby Geraint » Sat Feb 16, 2013 6:51 am

Create a separate latest events module for each category and use the RSS link for each of these.

You don't have to display the modules (you could place them in imaginary positions after you have extracted the RSS Urls)
JEvents Club members can get priority forum support at the Support Forum. As well as access to a variety of custom JEvents addons and benefits. Join the JEvents club today!
Geraint

Postby hockmasm » Tue Feb 19, 2013 1:31 pm

when i do that, the RSS URL is always the same, regardless of only choosing one category in the latest events module.
how to fix?
hockmasm
Bronze Members

Postby Geraint » Tue Feb 19, 2013 2:44 pm

Each RSS URL will include modid=XXX and this should then cause its feed to pick up the events that match that particular module's settings.
JEvents Club members can get priority forum support at the Support Forum. As well as access to a variety of custom JEvents addons and benefits. Join the JEvents club today!
Geraint

Previous

Return to Jevents 2.x (Free Access)