Jevents 2.x (Free Access)

Jevents 1.5 to 2.5 Migration Database Issue

Discuss JEvents 2.x for Joomla 1.5-2.5 here - club members can use the special club forum for faster response times.
Forum rules
When requesting support please follow these steps:

1. Update all JEvents add on's first, via the Joomla! Updater
2. Copy and Paste the JEvents Support Information from the JEvents Control Panel.
3. If you get a 500 error OR white page, enable Maximum Error Reporting in Joomla! Global Config and visit the page again, this should give you a more detailed error and help us provide a prompt response.

Postby nphic » Sun Feb 10, 2013 6:12 pm

When I try and run the migration script this is the error that I get:

500 - SELECT command denied to user 'xxxx_xxxxx'@'99.999.999.999' for table 'jos_jev_defaults' SQL=CREATE TABLE xxxx_xxxxx.2.5-db-prefix_jev_defaults LIKE xxxx_xxxxx.jos_jev_defaults

I changed the specific database name and user as well as the IP address in the error message above to keep it confidential.
nphic
Gold Members

Postby Tonyp » Sun Feb 10, 2013 10:36 pm

Ok,

Are both sites now under the same database?

Does the database user have the required permissions? You could set to all for this task atleast.

Regards
Tony
---------------------------------------
Feel free to PM me if you would like Custom Installs or Joomla! related work for a competitive quote.

Tonyp
Team Staff

Postby nphic » Mon Feb 11, 2013 4:41 am

No they are not under the same database. We did not use Jupgrade, we used SP Upgrade.

The 1.5 site is a distinctly different database than the 2.5 site.

Can the migration script be modified to pass the username and password of the 1.5 site to get access to its tables and then import the data to the 2.5 site?

If not, then this appears it will force me to clone the 1.5 site and bring it into a locamachine environment, use Jupgrade to create a new 2.5 site for just Jevents. Then I would have Jevents in a 2.5 site, export all the Jevents tables from this localmachine 2.5 site and import them into the production 2.5 site on the server.
nphic
Gold Members

Postby carcam » Mon Feb 11, 2013 7:28 am

Upgrade Script is run under 1.5 environment so that it can take advantage of Joomla! 1.5 db functions, so Joomla! 1.5 db user needs access to Joomla! 2.5 db. I think it's not an easy workaround I'm afraid to include a different db user in the middle.

I do not think you need to do a local migration, you just need both dbs to be in the same host for both sites and that Joomla! 1.5 db user has access to Joomla! 2.5 db.
¿Sabías que tenemos soporte en español para los miembros del Club de JEvents? ¡ÚNETE AHORA!
carcam
Team Staff

Postby nphic » Mon Feb 11, 2013 3:26 pm

carcam wrote:
I do not think you need to do a local migration, you just need both dbs to be in the same host for both sites and that Joomla! 1.5 db user has access to Joomla! 2.5 db.

Rackspace hosting will not allow this.
nphic
Gold Members

Postby carcam » Mon Feb 11, 2013 3:33 pm

So, yes you will need to do te migration in localhost (or in another server) and then upload the migrated site.
¿Sabías que tenemos soporte en español para los miembros del Club de JEvents? ¡ÚNETE AHORA!
carcam
Team Staff

Previous

Return to Jevents 2.x (Free Access)