Jevents 2.x (Free Access)

Min-calendar => single event detail

Discuss JEvents 2.x for Joomla 1.5-2.5 here - club members can use the special club forum for faster response times.
Forum rules
When requesting support please follow these steps:

1. Update all JEvents add on's first, via the Joomla! Updater
2. Copy and Paste the JEvents Support Information from the JEvents Control Panel.
3. If you get a 500 error OR white page, enable Maximum Error Reporting in Joomla! Global Config and visit the page again, this should give you a more detailed error and help us provide a prompt response.

Postby hatchikian » Fri Jan 04, 2013 11:55 am

Hi,

I am using
Joomla : 2.5.8
component_com_jevents : 2.2.8
module_mod_jevents_cal : 2.2.8
module_mod_jevents_legend : 2.2.3

When cliching on a day in the mini-calendar module, I would like to access to the detail of the event, if there is a single event on this day. Presently, I see the event in a list (with a single item) and had to click on the only item of this "list" to see the event's detail.
It seems odd not to acess directly to the event's detail, ift it is the unique event of the day.
Do I miss a parameter ? or a special function ?

Thanks for your help.
hatchikian

Postby Tonyp » Fri Jan 04, 2013 12:52 pm

Hello,

There is a way to do this with a template override. We have an article available to all club members here:

http://www.jevents.net/jevents-15-topme ... t-day-list

Regards
Tony
---------------------------------------
Feel free to PM me if you would like Custom Installs or Joomla! related work for a competitive quote.

Tonyp
Team Staff

Postby hatchikian » Fri Jan 04, 2013 3:41 pm

Hello Tony,

Thanks for your quick answer.

I was already considering joigning the club, but I am somewhat puzzled to learn an obvious functionality needs a template override...

Regards,
hatchikian

Postby Tonyp » Fri Jan 04, 2013 7:05 pm

Hello hatchikian,

You raise a valid point. There hasn't been much demand for such a feature to be built in and it's quite a lot of leg work to add it into JEvents as it's template based. The easiest solution was to provide a simple how to which overrides a file in the layout of your choice to do this.

I will add it to my very long to do list, to build it into JEvents functionality as standard.

Regards
Tony
Feel free to PM me if you would like Custom Installs or Joomla! related work for a competitive quote.

Tonyp
Team Staff

Postby Geraint » Sun Jan 06, 2013 11:32 am

Actually there is a club member article explaining how to do this as a simple template override - see http://www.jevents.net/jevents-15-topme ... t-day-list
JEvents Club members can get priority forum support at the Support Forum. As well as access to a variety of custom JEvents addons and benefits. Join the JEvents club today!
Geraint

Postby hatchikian » Sun Jan 06, 2013 6:24 pm

Hello Tony and Geraint,

Since Tony says "I will add it to my very long to do list, to build it into JEvents functionality as standard", can't you move the article explaining the template override from "Club members only" to "Free access" ?

I will nonetheless join the club, only on Bronze membership, as my calendar doesn't need currently all the bells and whistles of a higher level.
See http://www.bibliotheque-eglise-armenienne.fr/

Thanks again for your patience.

Regards
Hatchikian
hatchikian

Postby Tonyp » Mon Jan 07, 2013 11:29 am

Hello Hatchikian,

I have now made the modifications necessary to include this as standard from JEvents 3.0.

There is now a new Tab in the JEvents configuration. Called Day View. In there you can select whether you should be redirected to the event detail if one 1 event is shown.

It will be in the next release early this week.

Regards
Tony

Tonyp
Team Staff

Return to Jevents 2.x (Free Access)