Jevents 2.x (Free Access)

Import event via sql

Discuss JEvents 2.x for Joomla 1.5-2.5 here - club members can use the special club forum for faster response times.
Forum rules
When requesting support please follow these steps:

1. Update all JEvents add on's first, via the Joomla! Updater
2. Copy and Paste the JEvents Support Information from the JEvents Control Panel.
3. If you get a 500 error OR white page, enable Maximum Error Reporting in Joomla! Global Config and visit the page again, this should give you a more detailed error and help us provide a prompt response.

Postby EzerchE » Fri Dec 14, 2012 1:45 pm

Hello, i have an script to creating new events from sql queries, without using admin panel.

That was working correctly since 2 years. But a few days ago it started to not show my new created events on calendar.(passed events shows correctly) I am writing to jevents_vevdetail and jevents_vevent tables. Is that anything changed with 2.2.8?

if i create manually an event, that appears on calendar. But if i copy the jevents_vevdetail and jevents_vevent tables of that event and re-create a new event from it, thats not appear on calendar.
EzerchE

Postby Geraint » Fri Dec 14, 2012 2:45 pm

Nothing changed recently.

You also need to write to the rrule and repetitions table for JEvents to work correctly.
JEvents Club members can get priority forum support at the Support Forum. As well as access to a variety of custom JEvents addons and benefits. Join the JEvents club today!
Geraint

Postby Tonyp » Fri Dec 14, 2012 2:53 pm

What version were you on before the update?
---------------------------------------
Feel free to PM me if you would like Custom Installs or Joomla! related work for a competitive quote.

Tonyp
Team Staff

Postby EzerchE » Fri Dec 14, 2012 3:03 pm

2.2.7 was my previous version. i am not sure if is it caused the problem but the script was working correctly. i dont know what has been changed. i wasnt used rrule and repetitions before. but i will try that.
EzerchE

Postby Tonyp » Fri Dec 14, 2012 3:06 pm

Check that you have not enabled multicat support in the JEvents configuration
---------------------------------------
Feel free to PM me if you would like Custom Installs or Joomla! related work for a competitive quote.

Tonyp
Team Staff

Postby EzerchE » Fri Dec 14, 2012 3:31 pm

Enable multi-category events (Joomla 2.5+) this option is selected as NO
EzerchE

Postby Geraint » Sat Dec 15, 2012 10:11 am

EzerchE wrote:2.2.7 was my previous version. i am not sure if is it caused the problem but the script was working correctly. i dont know what has been changed. i wasnt used rrule and repetitions before. but i will try that.

Without writing to the repetitions table I don't see how JEvents could work at all since this is a CORE table for getting event information.
JEvents Club members can get priority forum support at the Support Forum. As well as access to a variety of custom JEvents addons and benefits. Join the JEvents club today!
Geraint

Return to Jevents 2.x (Free Access)