Pre-Sales

Does JEvent do it ?

Feel free to ask questions you might have before purchasing a subscription in here.

Postby Geraint » Tue Dec 11, 2012 2:27 pm

It would not be difficult to create a plugin that auto-creates and links to a PhocaGallery category as part of the event creation process.

How are your coding skills?
JEvents Club members can get priority forum support at the Support Forum. As well as access to a variety of custom JEvents addons and benefits. Join the JEvents club today!
Geraint

Postby myann » Tue Dec 11, 2012 6:29 pm

I am not an expert in nothing.
I have skill in several programming languages but I think I do not have enough knowledges in Joomla core and MVC process. I am just a multimedia project manager.

If I have to modify a component, modules in a small part of the code, I do it (even if I avoid) but I have never buil my own extension.
myann
Gold Members

Postby Geraint » Wed Dec 12, 2012 9:52 am

The plugin would be fairly basic and I'd probably be able to create you the basic skeleton which you could style up/polish maybe?
JEvents Club members can get priority forum support at the Support Forum. As well as access to a variety of custom JEvents addons and benefits. Join the JEvents club today!
Geraint

Postby myann » Wed Dec 12, 2012 5:28 pm

Very nice from you.

But the plugin would be able to get the images the user d
upload ?? I do not understand how the user will uploads his images in phocagallery during the event creation. Unless He just have to upload the image in the editor, then with the plugin I detect them and add a content plugin code to transform the in gallery.

Does it what you think about?
myann
Gold Members

Postby Geraint » Thu Dec 13, 2012 10:44 am

The idea would be that the gallery would be linked to the event detail page so you would get a summary or a slideshow in your event description. See http://www.phoca.cz/demo/phocagallery-plugin?start=16 for a demo (try the other views)

You would still need to upload your images in the gallery component
Geraint

Postby myann » Thu Dec 13, 2012 11:59 am

I understand now.
I just have to think about ergonomy for my users. That's whay I said the plugin would transform an image list in gallery.
I will look for an extension which makes it, so perhap's I won't need to create a pluging but just a JS function to add a "wrap" code in the list. Do you understand what I mean?
myann
Gold Members

Postby myann » Thu Dec 13, 2012 2:55 pm

If I purchase the component on the end of this week, do you think I will have time to try barrecode/QR code and slideshow ??

regards

Myann
myann
Gold Members

Postby Geraint » Thu Dec 13, 2012 4:16 pm

I would expect so - given we have Christmas coming up we could be flexible about the length of time to ask for a refund.
Geraint

Postby myann » Thu Dec 13, 2012 4:45 pm

Great !! Wonderfull !!
But I'm sure it will be perfect, then with a little bit css, I will get what I want (see picture)

I am releaved.

regards
Myann
Attachments
slider.png
The slider I ever have and I can't modify style.
slider.png (30.11 KiB) Viewed 1319 times
myann
Gold Members

Postby myann » Thu Dec 13, 2012 8:26 pm

Hi, Can JEvents manage place in a venue, like a theatre, like seat number? If not, is there a solution to manage it ?

Thanks

Myann
myann
Gold Members

PreviousNext

Return to Pre-Sales