Jevents 2.x (Free Access)

JEvents and the EU ePrivacy Directive  Topic is solved

Discuss JEvents 2.x for Joomla 1.5-2.5 here - club members can use the special club forum for faster response times.
Forum rules
When requesting support please follow these steps:

1. Update all JEvents add on's first, via the Joomla! Updater
2. Copy and Paste the JEvents Support Information from the JEvents Control Panel.
3. If you get a 500 error OR white page, enable Maximum Error Reporting in Joomla! Global Config and visit the page again, this should give you a more detailed error and help us provide a prompt response.

Postby Digihound » Fri Nov 30, 2012 3:07 pm

I noticed when I visited your own website that you had a Cookies page and a cookies detail page, so it seems to me that you are already aware of what I'm about to ask.

I'm just about to launch my website which incorporates the free version of JEvents (even though due to illness, it probably won't include any events for several months, it will still be there on my site).

I'm in the UK, so I'm supposed to comply with the EU ePrivacy Directive that came into force in May this year.

Could you please confirm whether JEvents (both free and purchased versions) use cookies to operate, if so what they are used for. Then I can include the information in own "Cookies Detail" page.

Thanks for your help.
Digihound

Postby Geraint » Fri Nov 30, 2012 3:13 pm

JEvents uses the normal Joomla session data and hence piggy backs off the Joomla session cookie. This allows user choices for items such as how many items to list, any filters on events to be listed, sort ordering etc. to be remembered from page view to page view. For logged in users who use 'remember me' this goes from visit to visit.

If you use the jevents view switcher module a separate session cookie is used to remember this from page view to page view.
JEvents Club members can get priority forum support at the Support Forum. As well as access to a variety of custom JEvents addons and benefits. Join the JEvents club today!
Geraint

Postby Digihound » Sat Dec 01, 2012 1:28 am

Thanks for that helpful and thorough explanation.

I'm grateful for your help.
Digihound

Return to Jevents 2.x (Free Access)