Jevents 2.x (Free Access)

Writing Custom Messages in JEvents

Discuss JEvents 2.x for Joomla 1.5-2.5 here - club members can use the special club forum for faster response times.
Forum rules
When requesting support please follow these steps:

1. Update all JEvents add on's first, via the Joomla! Updater
2. Copy and Paste the JEvents Support Information from the JEvents Control Panel.
3. If you get a 500 error OR white page, enable Maximum Error Reporting in Joomla! Global Config and visit the page again, this should give you a more detailed error and help us provide a prompt response.

Postby yasir34z » Fri Nov 23, 2012 11:53 am

Dear all,
I have restricted any public access to view my events. Furthermore, I want to write a simple message to tell my visitors that "Please register to view the events."

I want to know how to achieve that?? Please help asap.
yasir34z

Postby Geraint » Fri Nov 23, 2012 4:08 pm

If you set the access levels for the event and or category registered then users will get prompted to login to see the detail BUT the events will no appear in the calendar either so this would only work if you provide direct links to the event.

If you want to encourage visitors to join by seeing when the events are but not details then there is a silver member addon 'hidden event detail' that will allow you to show the event time but hide the title and or the description and include a link to the login page.
JEvents Club members can get priority forum support at the Support Forum. As well as access to a variety of custom JEvents addons and benefits. Join the JEvents club today!
Geraint

Postby yasir34z » Sun Nov 25, 2012 7:57 am

Thanks Geraint. Can you please guide me with one more thing??
I am concerned with the two views, the main calendar view and the event detail view. A number of features can be done with the "event detail view". But I want to know that can I show a message on the main calendar view?
yasir34z

Postby Tonyp » Sun Nov 25, 2012 8:05 am

Hello,

You could use a combentation of our custom module positons:
jevpretoolbar, jevpretoolbar_year.listevents, jevpretoolbar_week.listevents, jevpretoolbar_cat.listevents, jevpretoolbar_day.listevents, jevpretoolbar_month.calendar
jevposttoolbar, jevposttoolbar_year.listevents, jevposttoolbar_week.listevents, jevposttoolbar_cat.listevents, jevposttoolbar_day.listevents, jevposttoolbar_month.calendar
jevpostjevents, jevpostjevents_year.listevents, jevpostjevents_week.listevents, jevpostjevents_cat.listevents, jevpostjevents_day.listevents, jevpostjevents_month.calendar
jevpreeditevent, jevposteditevent, jevpreeditrepeat, jevposteditrepeat

Create a custom module. You will likely need Advanced Module Manager to only show the module to users who are not logged in.

Regards
Toy
---------------------------------------
Feel free to PM me if you would like Custom Installs or Joomla! related work for a competitive quote.

Tonyp
Team Staff

Return to Jevents 2.x (Free Access)