Jevents 2.x (Free Access)

JInstaller: :Install: Cannot find Joomla XML setup file

Discuss JEvents 2.x for Joomla 1.5-2.5 here - club members can use the special club forum for faster response times.
Forum rules
When requesting support please follow these steps:

1. Update all JEvents add on's first, via the Joomla! Updater
2. Copy and Paste the JEvents Support Information from the JEvents Control Panel.
3. If you get a 500 error OR white page, enable Maximum Error Reporting in Joomla! Global Config and visit the page again, this should give you a more detailed error and help us provide a prompt response.

Postby owen100 » Tue Nov 20, 2012 9:32 am

Trying to install JEvents 2.2.8 on Joomla 3.0.2 and getting the following errors :-

Warning
JInstaller: :Install: Cannot find Joomla XML setup file

Error
Path does not have a valid package.

I have tried installing both the zip and tar versions of the component and have also uploaded the package and extracted it in the tmp folder on my server and tried from there too.

Finally to make this even more of a mystery, I have Joomla 2.5.8 installed on the same server and had no problem at all installing Jevents on that.
owen100

Postby Tonyp » Tue Nov 20, 2012 12:14 pm

Hello Owen,

That is because JEvents 2.2.8 is only 1.5 and 2.5 compatible.

You need to install JEvents 3.0RC
http://jevents.net/downloads

From the pre-releases on the right.

Regards
Tony
---------------------------------------
Feel free to PM me if you would like Custom Installs or Joomla! related work for a competitive quote.

Tonyp
Team Staff

Return to Jevents 2.x (Free Access)