Jevents 2.x (Free Access)

User inputting events and using any location

Discuss JEvents 2.x for Joomla 1.5-2.5 here - club members can use the special club forum for faster response times.
Forum rules
When requesting support please follow these steps:

1. Update all JEvents add on's first, via the Joomla! Updater
2. Copy and Paste the JEvents Support Information from the JEvents Control Panel.
3. If you get a 500 error OR white page, enable Maximum Error Reporting in Joomla! Global Config and visit the page again, this should give you a more detailed error and help us provide a prompt response.

Postby thebteam » Sat Nov 10, 2012 7:06 pm

Hi, I was a Silver club member a little while ago and was trying to set up a database that users could input information into from all over the world. The problem I ran into, was the preset location I needed to come up with on the backend, which defeated the purpose. At the time, I was told Carlos was working on the managed locations and it would be enhanced soon. That was a little while ago, so I'd purchase membership again, but I want to know this has been developed and that I'd get the support to implement the database.

Also, any chance you've worked on a linking a Sobipro 2.5.4 with a Jevents database, so a user could input data into a sobipro form and it would display on a jevents calendar?
thebteam

Postby Geraint » Mon Nov 12, 2012 9:14 am

1. SopiPro - we have a SobiPro linkage plugin which allows you to associate a listing with an event. We haven't been able to list the events within the Sobi listing since it doesn't use the normal Joomla plugin architecture (or didn't last time we looked).

For another user I was able to create an import tool so that the actual Sobi listings could be displayed in the JEvents calendar. This user had 2 date fields in his listings and we used these to generate the events.

2. For your managed locations issue - you want event creators to have their own default location when creating an event? OR you want visitors to your site to automatically see a list of events at locations 'close' to their location (based on a GeoCoding tool)?
JEvents Club members can get priority forum support at the Support Forum. As well as access to a variety of custom JEvents addons and benefits. Join the JEvents club today!
Geraint

Postby thebteam » Tue Nov 13, 2012 1:33 am

Hi, thanks for your response.

1. The SobiPro plugin listed looked like it was only for Joomla 1.5, not Joomla 2.5, which I have. But maybe I was looking in the wrong spot. What you mentioned for the other user looks interesting and might work for me. But does it automatically import the 2 fields into events? The idea is I want to create a form on SobiPro that users (no restriction on number), can input lots of information, some of which is event information, that would automatically sync to the calendar. So if it automatically does that, this would be perfect.

2. Yes, I'd like any user (the public, this isn't going to be a closed thing), to be able to add their location for their event. This could be anywhere in the world. Also, any user could then search for events, and hopefully narrow them down to a certain mileage radius if they choose. Hope this makes sense.

Again, if this is all possible, I'll sign up again. Thanks in advance!
thebteam

Postby Geraint » Tue Nov 13, 2012 10:32 am

1. the Sobi Pro support is built into a generic CCK plugin (works with K2, EasyBlog as well as SobiPro).

As long as you define the date fields We should be able to extend the SobiPro plugin to show the entries automatically in the event.

2. If you use the location addon instead of SobiPro you can setup registered users on your site with the permission to create their own venues and add these to the event. This would include address, google map, photos, description (and can be extended with other customfields).
JEvents Club members can get priority forum support at the Support Forum. As well as access to a variety of custom JEvents addons and benefits. Join the JEvents club today!
Geraint

Postby thebteam » Fri Dec 28, 2012 6:48 pm

Hi,
So we saw the link within the JEvents calendar to the SobiPro listing that is already available. It's a good start, but with your description, it sounds like we only have to enter the info once through Sobi for it to all show in JEvents, without having to click on a link to see it.

We used to be Silver club members, and if this does what we just described, then we'd like the "import tool so that the actual Sobi listings could be displayed in the JEvents calendar" that you created for the other user. What is required to obtain it?
thebteam

Postby Geraint » Sat Dec 29, 2012 9:29 am

What you get at present is a link to the SobiPro listings (and not the underlying data from the listing). To get this you would need a silver membership - as I said we could extend the plugin to output some of the Sobi data directly in the event.

But the listings can only be associated with the event by the event creator.

Geraint
Geraint

Return to Jevents 2.x (Free Access)