Jevents 2.x (Free Access)

Import excel file is much difficult

Discuss JEvents 2.x for Joomla 1.5-2.5 here - club members can use the special club forum for faster response times.
Forum rules
When requesting support please follow these steps:

1. Update all JEvents add on's first, via the Joomla! Updater
2. Copy and Paste the JEvents Support Information from the JEvents Control Panel.
3. If you get a 500 error OR white page, enable Maximum Error Reporting in Joomla! Global Config and visit the page again, this should give you a more detailed error and help us provide a prompt response.

Postby atom » Mon Nov 05, 2012 8:11 pm

Hello, i have an excel table with informations like name and birthdate. now i would import these date as events in jevents, and later i will shown this "events" as upcoming birthdaylist on my website.

i have already seen this structure:
Code: Select all
"CATEGORIES","SUMMARY","LOCATION","DESCRIPTION","CONTACT","X-EXTRAINFO","DTSTART","DTEND","TIMEZONE","RRULE"

"Sport","Football Match","Football Stadium","This event is just for fun","Contact Name","Whatever extra-info","20100915T150000","20100915T191500","Europe/London","FREQ=DAILY;COUNT=10;INTERVAL=3"

but i cant convert my excel table in this format manual... there are to many names and birthday dates.

so please can anybody help me to tell me how i can fix this problem?
atom

Postby Geraint » Tue Nov 06, 2012 9:04 am

Export your spreadsheet in CSV format. Excel is difficult to configure to do this properly so you could take a look at OpenOffice or LibreOffice instead (both are free).
JEvents Club members can get priority forum support at the Support Forum. As well as access to a variety of custom JEvents addons and benefits. Join the JEvents club today!
Geraint

Postby atom » Tue Nov 13, 2012 5:42 pm

ok i downloaded open office, now i save my spreadsheet as csv file but it didnt look like the default file from jevents.net

my csv file looks now like this:
testnamea,"tesnameb","19890425"

so can anyone give me a tutorial or anything like this how i export my spreadsheet to the csv file ?
thanks a lot !
Last edited by atom on Tue Nov 13, 2012 5:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
atom

Postby Geraint » Tue Nov 13, 2012 5:48 pm

Select the option to use " around each field.
JEvents Club members can get priority forum support at the Support Forum. As well as access to a variety of custom JEvents addons and benefits. Join the JEvents club today!
Geraint

Postby atom » Tue Nov 13, 2012 6:27 pm

i use this option , but only the last both columns are selected with " , i format also the columns to text.

how must look the csv file ? i think i need a better example as the example from jevents.net site. my file looks now like this:
"CATEGORIES","SUMMARY","LOCATION","DESCRIPTION","CONTACT","X-EXTRAINFO","DTSTART","DTEND","TIMEZONE","RRULE"
"nameA","nameB","19890425"
"nameC","nameD","19670626" and so on
atom

Postby Geraint » Wed Nov 14, 2012 10:45 am

Geraint

Postby atom » Wed Nov 14, 2012 11:15 am

iam a little bit confused. many of these variables i didnt need, for example location,contact, timezone and so on. my question is now are these variables all necessary? or can i create my own spreadsheet with only a few variables?
i need only 3 variables the date and first- and lastname. how can i do this in this form?
atom

Return to Jevents 2.x (Free Access)