Jevents 2.x (Free Access)

blank page when viewing event

Discuss JEvents 2.x for Joomla 1.5-2.5 here - club members can use the special club forum for faster response times.
Forum rules
When requesting support please follow these steps:

1. Update all JEvents add on's first, via the Joomla! Updater
2. Copy and Paste the JEvents Support Information from the JEvents Control Panel.
3. If you get a 500 error OR white page, enable Maximum Error Reporting in Joomla! Global Config and visit the page again, this should give you a more detailed error and help us provide a prompt response.

Postby samcdo » Mon Nov 26, 2012 7:49 pm

monkey, this hasn't been solved yet.

tonyp, no need for a new topic, this on has not been solved.
samcdo

Postby Tonyp » Mon Nov 26, 2012 8:29 pm

There was need for a new topic as I doubt he is using the exact same template and has the exact same issue.

Have you spoken with your template developers yet?

Regards
Tony
---------------------------------------
Feel free to PM me if you would like Custom Installs or Joomla! related work for a competitive quote.

Tonyp
Team Staff

Postby samcdo » Mon Nov 26, 2012 8:38 pm

yes, the people at crosstec.de suggest looking at the offending component,

Hi Steven,

this is very strange. Does this also happen on pages that don't use the jevents component? I'm sure this has something to do with an extension. The style attribute seems to be added by javascript. I can't imagine that one of our scripts does that. Can you please test, if this problem also occurs on pages, that do not use any third-party extensions?

Greetings,
Robin
samcdo

Postby Tonyp » Mon Nov 26, 2012 8:43 pm

Hello,

Well your site is showing:

Code: Select all
SCRIPT87: Invalid argument.
css3-mediaqueries.js, line 408 character 1
LOG: FB.getLoginStatus() called before calling FB.init().

Try disabling your facebook plugin on the same page.
---------------------------------------
Feel free to PM me if you would like Custom Installs or Joomla! related work for a competitive quote.

Tonyp
Team Staff

Postby Geraint » Tue Nov 27, 2012 9:43 am

the main problem is from the "css3-mediaqueries.js" though - there is a bug which stops this script from running whatever it does and in MSIE if part of the script in a file fails the rest of the file is skipped too.

This is nothing to do with JEvents - the error is in the mediaqueries script from your template. See the same page in MSIE using a different template e.g. beez 2 http://www.stanwellparksurfclub.com/web ... te=beez_20
JEvents Club members can get priority forum support at the Support Forum. As well as access to a variety of custom JEvents addons and benefits. Join the JEvents club today!
Geraint

Previous

Return to Jevents 2.x (Free Access)