Jevents 2.x (Free Access)

Line breaks in 'Extra Info'  Topic is solved

Discuss JEvents 2.x for Joomla 1.5-2.5 here - club members can use the special club forum for faster response times.
Forum rules
When requesting support please follow these steps:

1. Update all JEvents add on's first, via the Joomla! Updater
2. Copy and Paste the JEvents Support Information from the JEvents Control Panel.
3. If you get a 500 error OR white page, enable Maximum Error Reporting in Joomla! Global Config and visit the page again, this should give you a more detailed error and help us provide a prompt response.

Postby TheWraith » Thu Nov 01, 2012 8:27 pm

In v1.5.5 when you entered something into the 'Extra Info' field, carriage returns were presented in the module. So, if 'Extra Info' contained this value:

--------
Line one
Line two
Line three
--------

The output in the "Latest Events Module" kept the line breaks in place. With v2.2.8 it displays like this:

"Line oneLine twoLine three"

Even if you put "<br>" or "<br />" tags into the field, v2.2.8 strips off the code and runs the multiple lines all together. We use the Extra Info to enter multi-line pieces of information. Is there any way to restore that functionality within v2.2.8? I need line breaks in my output.
TheWraith

Postby Tonyp » Thu Nov 01, 2012 9:41 pm

In your JEvents Configuration, under Event Editing.

Set the last? option Allow unfiltered descriptions? to yes.

Regards
Tony
---------------------------------------
Feel free to PM me if you would like Custom Installs or Joomla! related work for a competitive quote.

Tonyp
Team Staff

Postby TheWraith » Thu Nov 01, 2012 10:43 pm

No change - but I'm using the "Use Settings Below" on my latest events module. Some setting on the module to control this?
TheWraith

Postby Geraint » Fri Nov 02, 2012 7:22 am

in the file administrator/components/com_jevents/icalevent.php at line c. 822 you'll find
Code: Select all
      // Should we allow raw content through unfiltered
      $params = JComponentHelper::getParams(JEV_COM_COMPONENT);
replace the code after it with this (which references the extra info field)

Code: Select all
      if ($params->get("allowraw", 0))
      {
         $array['jevcontent'] = JRequest::getString("jevcontent", "", "POST", JREQUEST_ALLOWRAW);
         $array['extra_info'] = JRequest::getString("extra_info", "", "POST", JREQUEST_ALLOWRAW);
      }
      // convert nl2br if there is no HTML
      if (strip_tags($array['jevcontent'] ) == $array['jevcontent'] ){
         $array['jevcontent']  = nl2br($array['jevcontent'] );
      }
      if (strip_tags($array['extra_info'] ) == $array['extra_info'] ){
         $array['extra_info']  = nl2br($array['extra_info'] );
      }
JEvents Club members can get priority forum support at the Support Forum. As well as access to a variety of custom JEvents addons and benefits. Join the JEvents club today!
Geraint

Postby TheWraith » Mon Nov 05, 2012 4:07 pm

Thank you!
TheWraith

Postby Geraint » Tue Nov 06, 2012 8:37 am

By the way these changes will be in JEvents 3.0
JEvents Club members can get priority forum support at the Support Forum. As well as access to a variety of custom JEvents addons and benefits. Join the JEvents club today!
Geraint

Postby TheWraith » Tue Nov 06, 2012 4:26 pm

I'm not a fan of Joomla! 2.5 and I've several sites that I'm keeping at 1.5 as long as I can. So, I won't be able to leverage JEvents 3.0 as it's my understanding it won't run on 1.5.
TheWraith

Postby Tonyp » Tue Nov 06, 2012 5:37 pm

Hello,

Correct. Joomla! 1.5 is no longer support by Joomla! so any security breaches and your at risk. There are so many advantages for going to 2.5.

Regards
Tony
---------------------------------------
Feel free to PM me if you would like Custom Installs or Joomla! related work for a competitive quote.

Tonyp
Team Staff

Return to Jevents 2.x (Free Access)