Jevents 2.x (Free Access)

Shown birthday on calendar module

Discuss JEvents 2.x for Joomla 1.5-2.5 here - club members can use the special club forum for faster response times.
Forum rules
When requesting support please follow these steps:

1. Update all JEvents add on's first, via the Joomla! Updater
2. Copy and Paste the JEvents Support Information from the JEvents Control Panel.
3. If you get a 500 error OR white page, enable Maximum Error Reporting in Joomla! Global Config and visit the page again, this should give you a more detailed error and help us provide a prompt response.

Postby lendrod » Wed Oct 17, 2012 12:04 pm

Hello,
is it possible to shown the birthdate of the user on the calendar modul automaticly from the profile of the user?

thx
lendrod

Postby Geraint » Wed Oct 17, 2012 2:22 pm

Do you mean the logged in user sees their own birthday or other people's birthday?

Geraint
JEvents Club members can get priority forum support at the Support Forum. As well as access to a variety of custom JEvents addons and benefits. Join the JEvents club today!
Geraint

Postby lendrod » Thu Oct 18, 2012 3:28 pm

first step alle logged in users can see the birthday of all people how has the birthday on her profile.

second step... only one user group can see the birthdays
lendrod

Postby lendrod » Mon Oct 22, 2012 9:17 am

sorry... /push

The member of the my board annoy me
lendrod

Postby Geraint » Mon Oct 22, 2012 10:52 am

this is not a standard feature but it would be possible to write a script to create an iCal import of this data as iCal events if you have some decent php skills.
JEvents Club members can get priority forum support at the Support Forum. As well as access to a variety of custom JEvents addons and benefits. Join the JEvents club today!
Geraint

Postby lendrod » Mon Oct 22, 2012 1:43 pm

oh i think this is a good idea.

The group of the main user is always the same, but unfortunately I have no knowledge of php to make something like that
lendrod

Postby Geraint » Mon Oct 22, 2012 3:17 pm

Are you using the normal Joomla user profile?

If so if you were to join the JEvents club as a silver member I could adapt one of the scripts used in the club to import special types of events to create a birthday entry for each member of your site.

Geraint
Geraint

Return to Jevents 2.x (Free Access)