Jevents 2.x (Free Access)

Dual End/Start Times - Icons Not Showing Up?

Discuss JEvents 2.x for Joomla 1.5-2.5 here - club members can use the special club forum for faster response times.
Forum rules
When requesting support please follow these steps:

1. Update all JEvents add on's first, via the Joomla! Updater
2. Copy and Paste the JEvents Support Information from the JEvents Control Panel.
3. If you get a 500 error OR white page, enable Maximum Error Reporting in Joomla! Global Config and visit the page again, this should give you a more detailed error and help us provide a prompt response.

Postby reagan » Thu Oct 11, 2012 2:59 pm

Been using JEvents for years - Fantastic!!! Thank You!
Today I went to add a few events and when I was entering the End/Start times I noticed dual text fields showed up (which was odd) and when I tried to save the event nothing happened (no response, stayed on same window). Then I noticed that the icons (manage calendars, manage events, manage categories, etc) were not showing up. I am seeing a page error "Object Expected" along the bottom of IE.

Any idea what might be going on?

I haven't made any change to the configuration - although this site is hosted and managed remotely.

Thanks!

Code: Select all
Joomla : 1.5.25
component_com_jevents : 2.2.7
module_mod_jevents_cal : 2.1.3
module_mod_jevents_latest : 2.1.4
module_mod_jevents_legend : 2.1.2
plugin_editors_jce : 2.2.7.2
plugin_system_langoverride : 1.3.4
reagan

Postby Geraint » Fri Oct 12, 2012 7:49 am

sounds like a javascript clash with something on your server - have you installed any new plugins recently or a new editor?
JEvents Club members can get priority forum support at the Support Forum. As well as access to a variety of custom JEvents addons and benefits. Join the JEvents club today!
Geraint

Postby reagan » Fri Oct 12, 2012 1:55 pm

Nope haven't installed anything new. I just posted new events a few days ago - worked just fine. The site is hosted by a 3rd party, so there is a possibility that something was updated on the server.

Anything I can check? Thanks!
reagan

Postby Geraint » Fri Oct 12, 2012 2:43 pm

Try using Firefox or Chrome (rather than MSIE) and view the javascript error console - or use the javascript debugger in MSIE developet tools (more complex option). It will give you more relevant information.
JEvents Club members can get priority forum support at the Support Forum. As well as access to a variety of custom JEvents addons and benefits. Join the JEvents club today!
Geraint

Postby reagan » Fri Oct 12, 2012 2:54 pm

Using the firefox error console I get an error:
ReferenceError: set12hTime is not defined - line 840

and about 35 various warnings for:
Error in parsing value for 'filter'. Declarations dropped.

Unknown property '-moz-border-radius'. Declarations dropped.

Not sure what that really means...Thanks for your consideration!
reagan

Postby Geraint » Sun Oct 14, 2012 10:27 am

You can ignore the CSS warnings.

set12hTime is a javascript method defined in the file administrator/components/com_jevents/assets/js/editical.js

1. Make sure this script can be loaded on your url e.g. type this in your browser http://www.YOURDOMAIN.com/administrator ... ditical.js

2. Make sure you disable any javascript packing and compressions addons you have on your site or your template's equivalent setting
Geraint

Return to Jevents 2.x (Free Access)