Jevents 2.x (Free Access)

Categories & Event Count module customisation

Discuss JEvents 2.x for Joomla 1.5-2.5 here - club members can use the special club forum for faster response times.
Forum rules
When requesting support please follow these steps:

1. Update all JEvents add on's first, via the Joomla! Updater
2. Copy and Paste the JEvents Support Information from the JEvents Control Panel.
3. If you get a 500 error OR white page, enable Maximum Error Reporting in Joomla! Global Config and visit the page again, this should give you a more detailed error and help us provide a prompt response.

Postby uqkhurle » Mon Oct 08, 2012 6:28 am

JEvents v2.2.3, Joomla! 2.5.7, JEvents Categories 2.1.0
Hi there, I am completely new, so apologise if this is in the forum already, but I have not found it.

I am using JEvents - Categories and Event count. My three questions are:
1. the number of events on my site are showing as (0) for all categories, even though there are definately events in some of the categories
2. can I remove the bullets displayed in this module, leaving only the colours for each category? and
3. is it possible to sort the categories by another way, aside from the default alphabetical order?

My development site is http://edgevents.cloudaccess.net, if that helps.

Thanks for a great product.
Karen
uqkhurle

Postby Tonyp » Mon Oct 08, 2012 7:46 am

Hello Karen,

1. Check your menu item configuration there either a. all categories are selected or b. none of the categories are selected so it shows all.

2. This is caused by your sites template, add this:

Code: Select all
.event_categories_container li{
     list-style-type: none !important;
}

To your sites template.css or as your using a Gantry template edit your index.php and add custom.css in the .css selection area near to top, you will see a template.css and create a custom.css file in your css folder with the above in.

3. Where exactly within the legend module? it would be possible but would need to custom coding.
---------------------------------------
Feel free to PM me if you would like Custom Installs or Joomla! related work for a competitive quote.

Tonyp
Team Staff

Postby Geraint » Mon Oct 08, 2012 9:09 am

On point 1 - note that this module counts events in a particular date range (based on the module config). Did you set this date range wide enough to cover the events you are thinking of?
JEvents Club members can get priority forum support at the Support Forum. As well as access to a variety of custom JEvents addons and benefits. Join the JEvents club today!
Geraint

Postby uqkhurle » Thu Oct 11, 2012 3:43 am

Geraint, your note fixed it - once I set dates in the Strtotime Date Range fields, the numbers showed up - brilliant! Thanks again

TonyP, template fixed - thanks.

Re sort order, I wanted to sort the category names showing in the Categories & Events Count module when I displayed the module on the front page. I got around it using spaces in front of the names I needed at the top.
uqkhurle

Return to Jevents 2.x (Free Access)