Jevents 2.x (Free Access)

Jevents fuctions information  Topic is solved

Discuss JEvents 2.x for Joomla 1.5-2.5 here - club members can use the special club forum for faster response times.
Forum rules
When requesting support please follow these steps:

1. Update all JEvents add on's first, via the Joomla! Updater
2. Copy and Paste the JEvents Support Information from the JEvents Control Panel.
3. If you get a 500 error OR white page, enable Maximum Error Reporting in Joomla! Global Config and visit the page again, this should give you a more detailed error and help us provide a prompt response.

Postby vincecarter729 » Sun Oct 07, 2012 8:12 am

Hi,
Sorry for my poor english.
I plan to join the Jevents club but I have a few questions first:
Is it possible to create a "custom field" named "geaographical sector" and then to display on the front-end the events by geographical sector?
Do you understand me?
Thanks.

Vincent
vincecarter729
Gold Members

Postby Tonyp » Sun Oct 07, 2012 8:17 pm

Hello Vincent,

We have Managed Locations component which will allow you to search by location and show a map with events on etc?

Does that sound like what you are looking for?

Alternatively, if you just want a simple location you could use the CustomFields plugin.

Regards
Tony
---------------------------------------
Feel free to PM me if you would like Custom Installs or Joomla! related work for a competitive quote.

Tonyp
Team Staff

Postby carcam » Mon Oct 08, 2012 5:52 am

Also you can use JEvents Filter Module with both components Tony suggested to allow your users fiter by location or by the custom field.
¿Sabías que tenemos soporte en español para los miembros del Club de JEvents? ¡ÚNETE AHORA!
carcam
Team Staff

Postby vincecarter729 » Thu Oct 11, 2012 12:34 pm

Sorry, I think I was not specific enough.
I want that my users can view events by location.
But when choosing a town, it is necessary that the events of nearby cities are also displayed.
Does JEvents integrates this function?
vincecarter729
Gold Members

Postby Geraint » Thu Oct 11, 2012 1:21 pm

At present there is a filter that allows you to show events by city, state or country. You can also search by proxmity to a postcode, address or zipcode.

To do this you need the filter module and include the filter string locationcity, locatoincities, locationcountry, locationstate or geofilter.

You would display this filter module on a webpage displaying a list of events and then the visitor could select the criteria they want to search by and then show a list of matching events.

IF what you are looking for is a module that lists nearby events WHEN you are viewing a specific event or location/venue then this is currently not possible but it an interesting idea. Is this what you are looking for?
JEvents Club members can get priority forum support at the Support Forum. As well as access to a variety of custom JEvents addons and benefits. Join the JEvents club today!
Geraint

Postby vincecarter729 » Thu Oct 11, 2012 2:58 pm

Thanks a lot!

Geofilter was the solution.

But I think there is a bug with my template (Ja Purity 2):
When no events are matching with the geofilter, the right column comes to the left and the left column comes to the middle...:(

You can verify here: http://bouger-vosges.kegtux.org/
In "AFFICHER UNIQUEMENT LES ÉVÈNEMENTS PROCHES DE CHEZ VOUS", search "Nancy", distance maxi "10km" and look at the result.

Is there anything to do?
vincecarter729
Gold Members

Postby Geraint » Fri Oct 12, 2012 7:43 am

There is a slight HTML error in the geofilter form - but its hard to tell if this is the cause of your problem.

Can you edit the file plugins/jevents/jevlocations/filters/Geofilter.php at line ~123 you'll see
Code: Select all
$filterList["html"] .= "<div  id='gaddressmatches' style='display:none;padding:3px;margin:0px!important;min-width:200px;color:#111;background-color:#eee;z-index:999;'  /></div>";
replace it with
Code: Select all
$filterList["html"] .= "<div  id='gaddressmatches' style='display:none;padding:3px;margin:0px!important;min-width:200px;color:#111;background-color:#eee;z-index:999;'  ></div>";

Does that help?
JEvents Club members can get priority forum support at the Support Forum. As well as access to a variety of custom JEvents addons and benefits. Join the JEvents club today!
Geraint

Postby vincecarter729 » Sat Oct 13, 2012 5:20 am

As you can look, the problem is here again. :(
This is not an interference whith the template?
vincecarter729
Gold Members

Postby Geraint » Sun Oct 14, 2012 10:20 am

the incorrectly closed <div> element is still no the page. Can you check that you made the change I described above (sometimes FTP programs don't give a clear error message when an upload fails)

If you prefer me to have a look please send login details via PM.
Geraint

Postby vincecarter729 » Sun Oct 14, 2012 2:42 pm

Yes I just check that. And it is.
I send via PM my ftp login details.

I also noticed that I have the same problem each time there are no events in the list. So I think the filter "geofilter" is not the cause of my problem.
vincecarter729
Gold Members

Next

Return to Jevents 2.x (Free Access)