Jevents 2.x (Free Access)

JEvents Calender and Safari browser  Topic is solved

Discuss JEvents 2.x for Joomla 1.5-2.5 here - club members can use the special club forum for faster response times.
Forum rules
When requesting support please follow these steps:

1. Update all JEvents add on's first, via the Joomla! Updater
2. Copy and Paste the JEvents Support Information from the JEvents Control Panel.
3. If you get a 500 error OR white page, enable Maximum Error Reporting in Joomla! Global Config and visit the page again, this should give you a more detailed error and help us provide a prompt response.

Postby Halpmeh » Thu Oct 04, 2012 1:10 pm

Code: Select all
Joomla : 2.5.6
component_com_jevents : 2.2.5

Goodday.

I am having a problem with the JEvents Calendar and the Safari Browser. When I view my site in Firefox and Chrome (I haven't been able to test it in Internet Explorer, I dread how my site as a whole will fare in it) the Calendar looks fine, much to my specifications even. But when I test it in Safari it blows a gasket and breaks out of its constraints, especially the top bar containing the "View by..." buttons has decided it wants to span all the way to the screens edge.

I have searched these forums and worked the Google magics, but haven't stumbled upon anyone else with this specific problem, but I was hoping someone would be kind enough to help me solve this conundrum of mine? My first guess would be that it is some kind of CSS rule that Safari can't fully comprehend, resulting in the explosion, but seeing as no one else has reported this error, it would baffle me if that really was the case.

As the site in question is being tested locally I cannot link directly to it, but here is some pictures uploaded to Imageshack:
How it should be looking
How it shouldn't be looking

In advance, thanks for your time.
Halpmeh

Postby Geraint » Thu Oct 04, 2012 3:29 pm

that is site/template specific CSS that is causing that.

Try using the Safari inspector to see what is driving the layout. You may need to enable this tool in your browser.
JEvents Club members can get priority forum support at the Support Forum. As well as access to a variety of custom JEvents addons and benefits. Join the JEvents club today!
Geraint

Postby Halpmeh » Mon Oct 08, 2012 7:26 am

And you are absolutely correct. I had a style for table columns that was interfering with JEvent Calendar, it is solved now though.

Thanks for the speedy help.
Halpmeh

Return to Jevents 2.x (Free Access)