Jevents 2.x (Free Access)

Legend module in "List by year" page or enable "List by cat"

Discuss JEvents 2.x for Joomla 1.5-2.5 here - club members can use the special club forum for faster response times.
Forum rules
When requesting support please follow these steps:

1. Update all JEvents add on's first, via the Joomla! Updater
2. Copy and Paste the JEvents Support Information from the JEvents Control Panel.
3. If you get a 500 error OR white page, enable Maximum Error Reporting in Joomla! Global Config and visit the page again, this should give you a more detailed error and help us provide a prompt response.

Postby Aleedinver » Wed Oct 03, 2012 6:34 pm

Joomla : 2.5.6
component_com_jevents : 2.2.7
module_mod_jevents_cal : 2.2.0
module_mod_jevents_latest : 2.2.4
module_mod_jevents_legend : 2.2.3

My problem maybe has a double solution... I want to use the Geraint layout because I don't have time at the moment to create my own layout and it's the most fitting to my site.

BUT, there is a problem with the View by category... or with the Legend Module...

I need to view the events by category in the "List by year", and I installed the legend module, but it works only in Monthly View (that for my site is almost useless).
I tried to assign to the menu (that by default goes to the Year view), but the legend don't show up even with this... only in the Monthly calendar.

I saw that in the config page I can activate the "list by category" button: as this can show all the events of the year, I can do with that the same thing of the Legend Module... the problem is that this button seems to appear only with the "Ext" layout. In all the other layouts this button simply doesn't show up...

How can I activate this button in the Geraint Layout?
Or how can I activate the Legend Module also on the "List by Year" page?
Aleedinver

Postby Tonyp » Wed Oct 03, 2012 6:38 pm

Hello,

You cannot activate it in the Geraint Layout as it is not incorporated.

You can however apply the legend module in a custom JEvents position see these ones:

jevpretoolbar, jevpretoolbar_year.listevents, jevpretoolbar_week.listevents, jevpretoolbar_cat.listevents, jevpretoolbar_day.listevents, jevpretoolbar_month.calendar
jevposttoolbar, jevposttoolbar_year.listevents, jevposttoolbar_week.listevents, jevposttoolbar_cat.listevents, jevposttoolbar_day.listevents, jevposttoolbar_month.calendar
jevpostjevents, jevpostjevents_year.listevents, jevpostjevents_week.listevents, jevpostjevents_cat.listevents, jevpostjevents_day.listevents, jevpostjevents_month.calendar
jevpreeditevent, jevposteditevent, jevpreeditrepeat, jevposteditrepeat

Please it in: jevpostjevents_year.listevents

You will have to type it in as the modules position rather than selecting it.
---------------------------------------
Feel free to PM me if you would like Custom Installs or Joomla! related work for a competitive quote.

Tonyp
Team Staff

Postby Aleedinver » Thu Oct 04, 2012 7:44 am

It seems doesn't work... also, i tried hiding the List by week, and List by Day icon that are useless to me, but it doesn't work either...

I add some screens...

These are my JEvent settings... I deselected List by week and by day (sorry for the italian language, but the options are the same)

These are my Legend settings (I typed the valued you said in the Position field)

And this is the result... week and Day button still here and no legend...

I did something wrong?

PS. Images are cut by the forum... if you want to see the other settings in Legend screen open the image in an other window.
Aleedinver

Postby Geraint » Thu Oct 04, 2012 9:52 am

Check too the icons selected in the menu item parameters.

And select "Su tutte le pagine" for the module display
JEvents Club members can get priority forum support at the Support Forum. As well as access to a variety of custom JEvents addons and benefits. Join the JEvents club today!
Geraint

Postby Aleedinver » Thu Oct 04, 2012 10:27 am

Solved the icon problem...

Legend keep not showing up...

In menu page, in "Module Assigned to this page" it say
JEvents Legend (Public in jevpostjevents_year.listevents)

If can help, I made a screen of the code

This is the year

and this is the month

The legend appears on the monthly view like before, but not on the year, even typing the position in the settings...
Aleedinver

Postby Geraint » Thu Oct 04, 2012 3:30 pm

did you set the legend module to appear on ALL pages.
JEvents Club members can get priority forum support at the Support Forum. As well as access to a variety of custom JEvents addons and benefits. Join the JEvents club today!
Geraint

Postby Aleedinver » Thu Oct 04, 2012 9:13 pm

Yes... it's set for all pages.
Aleedinver

Return to Jevents 2.x (Free Access)