Jevents 2.x (Free Access)

Override issue

Discuss JEvents 2.x for Joomla 1.5-2.5 here - club members can use the special club forum for faster response times.
Forum rules
When requesting support please follow these steps:

1. Update all JEvents add on's first, via the Joomla! Updater
2. Copy and Paste the JEvents Support Information from the JEvents Control Panel.
3. If you get a 500 error OR white page, enable Maximum Error Reporting in Joomla! Global Config and visit the page again, this should give you a more detailed error and help us provide a prompt response.

Postby sapphireweb » Wed Oct 03, 2012 6:01 pm

I am hoping that this will be a quick issue to resolve. I am attempting to create an override so that if click on a on a day that has no events, it ignores the click and stays on the same page.

In my template/html folder I have created the following
/html/
-com_jevents/
--assets/
---css/
----events_css.css
----modstyle.css

--day/
---listevents_body.php

--helpers/
--- (all from default)

The changes to the CSS are working fine. I have changed the pointer on days with no events to not-allowed, and that is working fine. However none of the changes to listtevents_body.php seem to be reflected. To test that the php file was being called, I removed the "echo JText::_('JEV_NO_EVENTS');" line and that text still shows.

So I have two questions.

1. Is my structure correct? The listevents_body.php goes directly under the folder day/ (or month/ year/) and not under another within day/ subfolder?

2. am I modifying the correct file to achieve my goal.

Thanks.

<!--- Server Information incase it's needed. --->
PHP Built On Linux Wed Jul 11 06:49:35 EDT 2012 x86_64

Database Version 5.1.65-cll

Database Collation utf8_general_ci

PHP Version 5.2.17

Web Server Apache

WebServer to PHP Interface cgi

Joomla! Version Joomla! 2.5.7 Stable [ Ember ]

Joomla! Platform Version Joomla Platform 11.4.0 Stable [ Brian Kernighan ] 03-Jan-2012 00:00 GMT
sapphireweb

Postby Tonyp » Wed Oct 03, 2012 6:35 pm

Hello,

You need to stipulate your layout that is being used so:

/html/
-com_jevents/
--ext
---assets/
----css/
-----events_css.css
-----modstyle.css
---------------------------------------
Feel free to PM me if you would like Custom Installs or Joomla! related work for a competitive quote.

Tonyp
Team Staff

Postby sapphireweb » Wed Oct 03, 2012 7:08 pm

Actually I had, I missed that in my orginal post. I have everything under default. If I use ext for example, and make sure that I set my moudle to use ext, then none of my changes in css take effect.
sapphireweb

Postby sapphireweb » Wed Oct 03, 2012 7:31 pm

I think I may have found a bug.... I can override default & alternative but not ext.
sapphireweb

Postby Tonyp » Wed Oct 03, 2012 9:16 pm

It's not a bug, ext is normally using a lot of default layout files and just uses an php include within the file.

Regards
Tony
---------------------------------------
Feel free to PM me if you would like Custom Installs or Joomla! related work for a competitive quote.

Tonyp
Team Staff

Return to Jevents 2.x (Free Access)