Jevents 2.x (Free Access)

Latest module - Link title to external url  Topic is solved

Discuss JEvents 2.x for Joomla 1.5-2.5 here - club members can use the special club forum for faster response times.
Forum rules
When requesting support please follow these steps:

1. Update all JEvents add on's first, via the Joomla! Updater
2. Copy and Paste the JEvents Support Information from the JEvents Control Panel.
3. If you get a 500 error OR white page, enable Maximum Error Reporting in Joomla! Global Config and visit the page again, this should give you a more detailed error and help us provide a prompt response.

Postby Amrit » Thu Sep 27, 2012 12:39 pm

Hi.

I am trying to find how to link the title of the Latest Module to an external link.

I am guessing I have to make a template override.

Or is there perhaps a plugin that allows me to do this?

I have searched the forums and I did find something, but I somehow lost that page and can't find it again here on this forum.

Cheers
Amrit
Amrit
Silver Members

Postby Geraint » Thu Sep 27, 2012 12:45 pm

You mean the title of the event or the title of the module?

Is this link event specific?
JEvents Club members can get priority forum support at the Support Forum. As well as access to a variety of custom JEvents addons and benefits. Join the JEvents club today!
Geraint

Postby Amrit » Thu Sep 27, 2012 1:03 pm

Hi Geraint. Sorry for not being clear.

I would like to link the title of each event to a external url.

If that takes a lot of programming, I think it would suffice with a general external link for every event title.

Thanks
Amrit
Amrit
Silver Members

Postby Geraint » Fri Sep 28, 2012 8:38 am

There is a config option in the latest events module to 'display links' if you set this to no then the title will be just text and you can create your link in your custom format string as

<a href="put your url here">${title}</a>

If you use the customfields addon for JEvents (silver member) then you can add an extra field to your event editing screen to capture the link and use that e.g.

<a href="${customurlfield}">${title}</a>
JEvents Club members can get priority forum support at the Support Forum. As well as access to a variety of custom JEvents addons and benefits. Join the JEvents club today!
Geraint

Postby Amrit » Fri Sep 28, 2012 9:13 am

Thanks alot Geraint. :-)

I completely missed that option.

I now use extraInfo to insert the url, and I deleted extraInfo in all the appropriate places so the url won't show in other places.

Have a great day
Amrit
Amrit
Silver Members

Postby Amrit » Mon Oct 01, 2012 11:00 am

Hi again Geraint.

My client has another request.

They want some of the links to be external, and some of the links to be linked internally to the events in Jevents.

Is this even possible?

Can it perhaps be done with a plugin?

Sincerly
Amrit
Amrit
Silver Members

Postby carcam » Tue Oct 02, 2012 7:25 am

I think you will need a module overrides to do that, and either using extra info as the field with the URL or using custom fields plugin (I recommend this for clarity) to store the new URL.
¿Sabías que tenemos soporte en español para los miembros del Club de JEvents? ¡ÚNETE AHORA!
carcam
Team Staff

Return to Jevents 2.x (Free Access)