Jevents 2.x (Free Access)

Link event to artists (articles?) ?

Discuss JEvents 2.x for Joomla 1.5-2.5 here - club members can use the special club forum for faster response times.
Forum rules
When requesting support please follow these steps:

1. Update all JEvents add on's first, via the Joomla! Updater
2. Copy and Paste the JEvents Support Information from the JEvents Control Panel.
3. If you get a 500 error OR white page, enable Maximum Error Reporting in Joomla! Global Config and visit the page again, this should give you a more detailed error and help us provide a prompt response.

Postby padalec » Mon Sep 24, 2012 5:13 pm

I have several events; each event is hosted by one or more artists.

Each artist is presented in a joomla article (photo, biography, various information).

It is possible to link this events to articles (artists) in such way to display all events that were hosted by a desired artist (for example at the bottom of an artist article)?

I came along Managed People/Teams/Resources addon; is this a solution?

thanks
padalec
Silver Members

Postby Geraint » Tue Sep 25, 2012 8:08 am

Using silver member addons for JEvents you have 2 approaches you can use.

1. The Managed People/Teams/Resource allows you create different types of people (e.g. artists, promoters, ticket agencies etc.) and these can categorised (e.g. classical, rock, punk, jazz etc). Each of these people has a page which can include photos, descriptions, URLs, addresses/maps (if relevant), file uploads, lists of upcoming events featuring the artist and lots of other custom fields (using the custom fields addon).

You can create lists of 'people' or blog type layouts, create separate calendars for each person, have a filter on your calendar pages where you can search for matching events etc.

2. Alternatively you could create a separate category of events per artist and then use a JEvents content plugin on each artists article page to show a list of upcoming events. You could also filter your events by 'category' (i.e. person) very easily.
JEvents Club members can get priority forum support at the Support Forum. As well as access to a variety of custom JEvents addons and benefits. Join the JEvents club today!
Geraint

Postby padalec » Sat Oct 06, 2012 6:48 pm

OK! I downloaded the managed people / teams component. Is there a documentation about this component.

Which field should I use in "com_jevpeople.people.1.detail " layout to link an artist to all related events?

And also how can I link an event to artist? I have this fields but don't know what they mean:

{{People Summary:JEV_PEOPLE_SUMMARY}} - creates a link to artist with "empty" template(My webpage CSS styling disappears).
{{JEV_PERSON_LINK_A:JEVPPL_A}} - does nothing
{{JEV_PERSON_LINK_CLOSE_A:JEVPPL_CLOSE_A}} - does nothing

Is there an documentation about all this filed? Searched on your pages with no luck?

Thank you.
padalec
Silver Members

Postby carcam » Mon Oct 08, 2012 6:04 am

padalec wrote:OK! I downloaded the managed people / teams component. Is there a documentation about this component.

Which field should I use in "com_jevpeople.people.1.detail " layout to link an artist to all related events?

First you need to go to an event and link people to it. You should have the People plugin enabled. After that, just use this tag to show upcoming events in the person detail page:

{{Upcoming Events:JEVPPL_UPCOMING}}

padalec wrote:And also how can I link an event to artist? I have this fields but don't know what they mean:

{{People Summary:JEV_PEOPLE_SUMMARY}} - creates a link to artist with "empty" template(My webpage CSS styling disappears).
{{JEV_PERSON_LINK_A:JEVPPL_A}} - does nothing
{{JEV_PERSON_LINK_CLOSE_A:JEVPPL_CLOSE_A}} - does nothing

Is there an documentation about all this filed? Searched on your pages with no luck?

Thank you.

After having linked your events to your people, those fields are the ones that provide the links. Summary tag is ok to show a little description of each person, and the other tags are used in this way:

Code: Select all
{{JEV_PERSON_LINK_A:JEVPPL_A}}{{JEV_PEOPLE_TITLE:JEVPPL_TITLE}}{{JEV_PERSON_LINK_CLOSE_A:JEVPPL_CLOSE_A}}

So that the {{JEV_PERSON_LINK_A:JEVPPL_A}} will open the a html tag of the link, the {{JEV_PEOPLE_TITLE:JEVPPL_TITLE}} will provide the name of the person and {{JEV_PERSON_LINK_CLOSE_A:JEVPPL_CLOSE_A}} will close the a html tag.
¿Sabías que tenemos soporte en español para los miembros del Club de JEvents? ¡ÚNETE AHORA!
carcam
Team Staff

Postby padalec » Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:05 am

I managed out to link an event to an artist with your instructions.

But I can't link an artist page to all related events ({{Upcoming Events:JEVPPL_UPCOMING}} - this doesn't work if I put into Managed People/Resources Bloglist - Person/resource entry for mycategory com_jevpeople.people.1.bloglist )

PLease help.
padalec
Silver Members

Postby Geraint » Mon Oct 08, 2012 9:36 am

This field is not supported in the blog list which is why its not offered in the drop down on the layout editing page for the blog list.

Are you wanting to list their upcoming events in the blog view or just link to a calendar page with their events?
JEvents Club members can get priority forum support at the Support Forum. As well as access to a variety of custom JEvents addons and benefits. Join the JEvents club today!
Geraint

Postby padalec » Mon Oct 08, 2012 9:49 am

I would like to list all related events on artist page (past and future events). IN this way a page visitor can check how many (and which) events an artist has preformed.
padalec
Silver Members

Postby Geraint » Mon Oct 08, 2012 12:56 pm

You can generate a list of upcoming events on the artist's detail page.

If you are only looking for a total number of the artist's events and a link to their 'calendar' then we could add that as an extra field option.

Can you confirm what you are looking for specifically.

Listing the actual events on the blog page could have an adverse performance impact on your site. That is why that option only works with the person/artist detail page.
Geraint

Postby padalec » Mon Oct 08, 2012 2:39 pm

I will try to explain what my needs in general are:

I'm developing a webpage for a photo gallery. This gallery organises various events (exhibitions). This events are hosted by various artists (one or more). After an event has happened we would like to create a "photo reportage" with some text and photos taken from an event.

Now; I would like to set three menu items:

- GALLERY EVENTS ---> (JEvents » List by Category)
Each event must contain a link to related artist. Here I've set {{JEV_PERSON_LINK_A:JEVPPL_A}}my text{{JEV_PERSON_LINK_CLOSE_A:JEVPPL_CLOSE_A}} in List Row Detail (layout defaults). So far everything ok ...

- ARTIST ---> (JEvents People/Resources » List of Managed People/Resources)
Here I want to link each artist to all related events (past and future). I don't know how to create a link that will display all event by artist we are viewing.

- PHOTO REPORTAGE ---> Some news and photos from a event that has happened. This photo reportages must have a link to related ARTISTs and to related EVENTs.

Is this possible somehow with jevents silver membership?

For now the best way I found to accomplish this is with JEVENTS plugin for JCE:
1. I create an article about an artist
2. Create an event and manually link it to an artists article
3. Go back to article about artist and add manually a link to related event.
4. After an event has happened create a new article of a photo reportage from event (with some text and photos from event) and again link it manually to related artist article and related event.

This way I accomplish what I have to. But everything must be set manually... Is there a better way to do this?

Thank you.
padalec
Silver Members

Postby Geraint » Tue Oct 09, 2012 9:28 am

padalec wrote:- ARTIST ---> (JEvents People/Resources » List of Managed People/Resources)
Here I want to link each artist to all related events (past and future). I don't know how to create a link that will display all event by artist we are viewing.

If you have a list of artists (of the menu type you selected) it should offer a link to their events. I'll upload a new version of the addon in a few minutes which fixes an issue where the option to not check for events is ignored. Also it will allow you in your edited layouts to use JEVPPL_EVENTSLINK to generate a link to the artist's events directly.

- PHOTO REPORTAGE ---> Some news and photos from a event that has happened. This photo reportages must have a link to related ARTISTs and to related EVENTs.

Are you using a gallery component e.g. phocagallery? If so then is may be possible to output a summary of gallery photos in the artists detail page.

Geraint

p.s. I just uploaded version 1.6.6 with the new functionality
Last edited by Geraint on Tue Oct 09, 2012 9:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: I just uploaded version 1.6.6 with the new functionality
Geraint

Return to Jevents 2.x (Free Access)