Jevents 2.x (Free Access)

Getting event details shown with a new menuentry

Discuss JEvents 2.x for Joomla 1.5-2.5 here - club members can use the special club forum for faster response times.
Forum rules
When requesting support please follow these steps:

1. Update all JEvents add on's first, via the Joomla! Updater
2. Copy and Paste the JEvents Support Information from the JEvents Control Panel.
3. If you get a 500 error OR white page, enable Maximum Error Reporting in Joomla! Global Config and visit the page again, this should give you a more detailed error and help us provide a prompt response.

Postby apparan » Thu Sep 20, 2012 1:40 pm

Trying to get an "event details view" of an event thru adding a new menueentry. i ´m choosing menueentry: "jevents event details" and after that choosing one of my event on the right side. When i look up in the frontend of my website there is be shown a table with a view of the actual day.

But all i want is to get only a normal view of one event details on a menueentry, without any layout or table. Is this possible?

Using joomla 2.5.7 and JEvents v2.2.5
apparan

Postby Geraint » Thu Sep 20, 2012 2:29 pm

Can you upload a screenshot to explain what you mean
JEvents Club members can get priority forum support at the Support Forum. As well as access to a variety of custom JEvents addons and benefits. Join the JEvents club today!
Geraint

Postby apparan » Thu Sep 20, 2012 2:43 pm

i want 2 make a menue entry connecting direct to an event (the event is weekly). But the connection is leading me to a view of the actual day.
Attachments
screenshoot_jevents.jpg
trying to link menue entry with event details
screenshoot_jevents.jpg (60.71 KiB) Viewed 366 times
apparan

Postby Tonyp » Thu Sep 20, 2012 6:20 pm

Hello,

So you want a menu item to take you to show you all weekly events?

You would be best creating a monthly or yearly view item and add the event to a special category and confine that menu item to the category.

Alternatively, you can use multi categories and add this to a category and only show events from that category.

Lastly you could use our Tags addon and add a tag to event event and only show events with that tag.

Regards
Tony
---------------------------------------
Feel free to PM me if you would like Custom Installs or Joomla! related work for a competitive quote.

Tonyp
Team Staff

Postby apparan » Thu Sep 20, 2012 10:41 pm

so first of all thx 4 ur help. In case plz follow my steps, 4 me it looks like a bug.

In case i have created four events and want to show each Event detail under a Menu Item named "Courses".

1. Add new menu item
2. Select Menu Item Type * jevents: Event detail
3. Choose in the right Required Setting: * Select Event and choose one created Event

In case in the frontend it shows me a daily view not the Event detail of the choosen event.

I tried it out. If i creat a head menu item, he shows me at the first click in the frontend my selected Event with it Event detail(yeah this is what i want), but at the seconde click on the menu he changes to a daily(todays) view (No this is not what i want). And if i creat a submenu item he shows directly a daily (todays) view(No this is not what i want). All i want is that the detail of (each) of my events is been shown!

Could u help me?
apparan

Postby Tonyp » Fri Sep 21, 2012 7:33 am

Please upgrade to JEvents 2.2.7.

I believe this should fix your issue.

Regards
Tony
Feel free to PM me if you would like Custom Installs or Joomla! related work for a competitive quote.

Tonyp
Team Staff

Postby apparan » Mon Sep 24, 2012 2:12 pm

Hey Tony,

looks good, thx. The only thing, i put a form into the event details and this is not displayed after connecting as i told. Do you know why not?

best
Engin
apparan

Postby apparan » Mon Sep 24, 2012 2:48 pm

sorry Tony, everything is working fine. Great product with great support!
apparan

Postby Tonyp » Mon Sep 24, 2012 2:57 pm

Hello,

Glad to hear! :).

Regards
Tony

Tonyp
Team Staff

Postby apparan » Wed Oct 03, 2012 10:04 pm

Hi Tony,

need to ask you again. I linked a weekly running event to the menue bar. This worked well. But if the event is changing to the next week the link is going to nowhere. Is there anything i can do that the link keeps stable to the event also if its changing the date?

best
Engin
apparan

Return to Jevents 2.x (Free Access)