Jevents 2.x (Free Access)

Front-End edition  Topic is solved

Discuss JEvents 2.x for Joomla 1.5-2.5 here - club members can use the special club forum for faster response times.
Forum rules
When requesting support please follow these steps:

1. Update all JEvents add on's first, via the Joomla! Updater
2. Copy and Paste the JEvents Support Information from the JEvents Control Panel.
3. If you get a 500 error OR white page, enable Maximum Error Reporting in Joomla! Global Config and visit the page again, this should give you a more detailed error and help us provide a prompt response.

Postby ewajoom » Wed Sep 12, 2012 3:43 pm

Hi,
(Joomla 1.5.26 / Jevents 2.2.7)

I want to use frontend form for registred users.
-> All new events are automatically published... I want them to be unpublished at first (admin will publish them or not), is it possible ?
-> In configuration, at "mask repetitions", I answered YES; but the repetitions appears on the frontend form, how can mask repetitions on frontend form ?
-> The form icalevent/tmp/edit.php seems to be used by frontend and backend : how is it possible to know where am I ? (For example I don't want to see the accesslist on frontend).

Any help would be appreciated!
ewajoom
Silver Members

Postby Tonyp » Wed Sep 12, 2012 10:05 pm

Hello,

1. This is the case by default, the calendar / category admin will be notified when an event is created.

2. Are you wanting to hide this from people creating events? A simple CSS tweak can do so

3. The access list can be hidden by a simple CSS tweak too.

Regards
Tony
---------------------------------------
Feel free to PM me if you would like Custom Installs or Joomla! related work for a competitive quote.

Tonyp
Team Staff

Postby ewajoom » Thu Sep 13, 2012 11:21 am

Hi Tonyp,

Thanks for your response.

2/ & 3/ The fact is that the same form is used in frontend and backend... I don't want accesslist on frontend edition, but I do want it on backend; not possible with css..
I found a solution using usertype in edit.php :
$user =& JFactory::getUser();
echo($user->usertype);
if user is not admin, I will show the list..

1/ Do you know if there's a trick or hack to change this ? (and where ?)

Thanks a lot!
ewajoom
Silver Members

Postby Geraint » Thu Sep 13, 2012 1:19 pm

You can hide in the frontend using CSS via the frontend template css file.

Otherwise you need to create a frontend edit template override file see http://www.jevents.net/jevents-15-topme ... nt-editing
JEvents Club members can get priority forum support at the Support Forum. As well as access to a variety of custom JEvents addons and benefits. Join the JEvents club today!
Geraint

Postby ewajoom » Sun Sep 23, 2012 2:15 pm

Hi!

I've edited edit.php; but overriding the edit template seems to be the best to do it... -> how is it possible ? (the link is restricted to club member only). I think by coping the edit file... but where ?

Thanks again
ewajoom
Silver Members

Postby ewajoom » Mon Dec 03, 2012 12:42 pm

Okay it works now that I'm club member..

Thanks
ewajoom
Silver Members

Postby sirodjon » Mon Dec 03, 2012 1:03 pm

Hi everyone,

Is it possible to customise a calendar for each user i.e: User can only view their specific calendar and no other calendar should be visible

Thank you
sirodjon

Postby Tonyp » Mon Dec 03, 2012 1:54 pm

Hello,

Yes this is possible.. but the use of our silver plugins would be needed.

Regards
Tony
---------------------------------------
Feel free to PM me if you would like Custom Installs or Joomla! related work for a competitive quote.

Tonyp
Team Staff

Return to Jevents 2.x (Free Access)