Jevents 2.x (Free Access)

Time-format latest events differs from component settings  Topic is solved

Discuss JEvents 2.x for Joomla 1.5-2.5 here - club members can use the special club forum for faster response times.
Forum rules
When requesting support please follow these steps:

1. Update all JEvents add on's first, via the Joomla! Updater
2. Copy and Paste the JEvents Support Information from the JEvents Control Panel.
3. If you get a 500 error OR white page, enable Maximum Error Reporting in Joomla! Global Config and visit the page again, this should give you a more detailed error and help us provide a prompt response.

Postby hpeterse » Thu Aug 23, 2012 12:53 pm

In the configuration of the JEvents component, I used the 24-hr time format. However, in the latest event modules, the 12-hr time format is still used. How can I fix this?

Regards,

Hans
hpeterse

Postby Geraint » Thu Aug 23, 2012 1:10 pm

JEvents Club members can get priority forum support at the Support Forum. As well as access to a variety of custom JEvents addons and benefits. Join the JEvents club today!
Geraint

Postby hpeterse » Thu Aug 23, 2012 1:15 pm

Where can I change these module parameters? I can't find them in the Joomla module.

Hans
hpeterse

Postby Geraint » Thu Aug 23, 2012 2:30 pm

look at the right side of the page and scroll down in the parameters
JEvents Club members can get priority forum support at the Support Forum. As well as access to a variety of custom JEvents addons and benefits. Join the JEvents club today!
Geraint

Postby hpeterse » Thu Aug 23, 2012 6:11 pm

Your right, I looked within the wrong module. Now that I looked at it, the problem is slighty different.

In the lastest event module the time the time is displayed just the way I want it (24hr format). For an overview of events by categorie, I've created a menu (type: Jevents - view by category). In this view I can't choose a date/time format, so I expect this uses the JEvents configuation-settings. Here I've choosen the date-format according to the language file. I've got two in folder components/com_jevents/language:

en-GB.com_jevents.ini
nl-NL.com_jevents.ini (this one I copied manually).

In both files the time-format is %H:%M, the 24hr format. However, stil the 12hr format is used.

I use the default template and created a new layout in <template>/html/com_jevents/default/assets. Here I copied the original CSS and image-files and adjusted it for my own needs. In the style-sheets there's no way to set date/time formats.

What do I do wrong and how can I change the time-format to 24hr?

Thanks in advance.

Hans
hpeterse

Postby carcam » Fri Aug 24, 2012 6:12 am

Hi Hans,
to make the system use the language file for date formatting, you should set first the parameter "Date Format" to "From language file" at the first tab of JEvents configuration.
¿Sabías que tenemos soporte en español para los miembros del Club de JEvents? ¡ÚNETE AHORA!
carcam
Team Staff

Postby hpeterse » Fri Aug 24, 2012 6:25 am

I know, and that's exactly the setting I use, but it still doesn't work.

Hans
hpeterse

Postby carcam » Sat Aug 25, 2012 6:45 am

Can you provide the info that appears in the control panel of JEvents under: Version information for Support Forum ?

Also which version of PHP are you using? Did you perform any changes into JEvents code?
¿Sabías que tenemos soporte en español para los miembros del Club de JEvents? ¡ÚNETE AHORA!
carcam
Team Staff

Postby hpeterse » Mon Aug 27, 2012 2:53 pm

Version info JEvents:

Code: Select all
Joomla : 2.5.6
component_com_jevents : 2.2.3
module_mod_jevents_cal : 2.2.0
module_mod_jevents_filter : 2.2.0
module_mod_jevents_latest : 2.2.0
module_mod_jevents_legend : 2.2.3
plugin_editors_jce : 2.2.4
plugin_search_eventsearch : 2.2.0

PhpVersion: 5.3.15.

I didn't make any change to the code, to be sure not haven troubles with future updates. The only thing I changed, is the template.

Regards,

Hans
hpeterse

Postby carcam » Tue Aug 28, 2012 6:53 am

Versions seem ok to me. Can you please try adding an extra character after ":", something like "H:-M" to check if the system is using that string?

Also you might take a look at your language overrides in the language manager to be sure that they are not involved.
carcam
Team Staff

Next

Return to Jevents 2.x (Free Access)