Jevents 2.x (Free Access)

How to build menu items direct to event  Topic is solved

Discuss JEvents 2.x for Joomla 1.5-2.5 here - club members can use the special club forum for faster response times.
Forum rules
When requesting support please follow these steps:

1. Update all JEvents add on's first, via the Joomla! Updater
2. Copy and Paste the JEvents Support Information from the JEvents Control Panel.
3. If you get a 500 error OR white page, enable Maximum Error Reporting in Joomla! Global Config and visit the page again, this should give you a more detailed error and help us provide a prompt response.

Postby Tonyp » Sun Jan 20, 2013 11:23 am

Hi Mitche,

I have narrowed down on your issue and no one can view event details. It turns out that with our SEF enabled, it was causing errors.

I will speak with Geraint tomorrow, but suspect it might be down to the amount of menu levels you had.

Regards
Tony
---------------------------------------
Feel free to PM me if you would like Custom Installs or Joomla! related work for a competitive quote.

Tonyp
Team Staff

Postby mitchie » Mon Jan 21, 2013 8:41 am

Hi Tony,
I'm sorry but I don't think it depends of the amount of menu levels because it doens't work even with a first level menu item. Even with just 1 menu item!
Anyway, as far as it works disabling Jevents seo is not a big deal.

Also, I noticed that now jevents add current date to the url. Is it possible to strip it out?

It would also be great if I can avoid to update the menu link after each data change.
Please let me know.

Regards
mitchie

Postby Geraint » Mon Jan 21, 2013 11:10 am

mitchie wrote:Hello Geraint,
Thanks for your explain.
I understand very well the background of Jevents. If you designed the code like this you have your reasons. I would have done in another way, to let user have access/edit to each single repetition. In a theatre scenario you could need to edit just 1 repetition (for example for weather condition). In this case you don't need to edit all repetition and for users could be much easier to edit just one event instead to re-enter all event repetition data. Better, in this case user can edit the repetition to highlights canceled (or postponed) the repetition. It could allows to list each repetition in the data-range events list. It even could allows users to add more than 1 repetition for each day (sometimes theatre have 2 repetition in 1 day) or have different (not regular) intervals. But it is just to share an idea.

That is my point - JEvnets allows the Theatre to change repeats because of public holidays, bad weather etc. The problem is AFTER making these changes if the main primary event date/times are changed then we can no longer guaranteed to be able to match the newly generated repeats with the exceptions that have been created.
Yes, my scenario is a non-repeating event with a menu link pointing to it. Sometimes I need to edit the date/time and in this case it breaks the menu link.

However, with Jevents v3.0.2 I cannot use SEO anymore because Jevents doesn't works at all (even without edit the event). It just show the events list for the current date... and not the event details.

The SEF Urls for non-repeating events work fine for my site UNTIL I edit and change the date/time and then they change. I'm looking today and relaxing this constraint for non-repeating events so that you can edit and change the date/time of non-repeating events without changing the URLs.
JEvents Club members can get priority forum support at the Support Forum. As well as access to a variety of custom JEvents addons and benefits. Join the JEvents club today!
Geraint

Postby mitchie » Mon Jan 21, 2013 11:43 am

Hello Geraint,
Thank you for your kind reply.

Don't get me wrong, I know that Jevents allows almost everything. I'm just sharing with you another point of view to do the same things in another way. You can add a new event with the same routine but allow users to edit it (and its repetitions) even separately. In this way you can act directly to each repetition using its own record id keeping the relationship synchronized for sure. I repeat myself, it's just a point of view.

Anyway, I thank you so much to look for a solution for my needs.

Have a nice day!
mitchie

Postby Geraint » Mon Jan 21, 2013 12:09 pm

Tony passed me the login details for your site and I updated the router for JEvents to the version that is in 3.0.3 (released after lunch) - it now appears to work fine on your site.

Also JEvents 3.0.3 will allow you to change the dates/times on non-repeating events without change to the event id so that should not cause a problem either.

Please let me know if the problem persists.
JEvents Club members can get priority forum support at the Support Forum. As well as access to a variety of custom JEvents addons and benefits. Join the JEvents club today!
Geraint

Postby mitchie » Mon Jan 21, 2013 1:40 pm

Hello Geraint,
Thanks a lot for your support!

It seems working fine now and the url is more clean too. I should say it is perfect!

Thank you so much, amazing support!
mitchie

Previous

Return to Jevents 2.x (Free Access)