Jevents 2.x (Free Access)

Import CSV file  Topic is solved

Discuss JEvents 2.x for Joomla 1.5-2.5 here - club members can use the special club forum for faster response times.
Forum rules
When requesting support please follow these steps:

1. Update all JEvents add on's first, via the Joomla! Updater
2. Copy and Paste the JEvents Support Information from the JEvents Control Panel.
3. If you get a 500 error OR white page, enable Maximum Error Reporting in Joomla! Global Config and visit the page again, this should give you a more detailed error and help us provide a prompt response.

Postby Tonyp » Mon Jul 02, 2012 7:37 pm

Hello,

If you read my reply above? it shows the changes you need to make.

Copy the one which is saying it should look like. That works as I just ran it perfectly.
---------------------------------------
Feel free to PM me if you would like Custom Installs or Joomla! related work for a competitive quote.

Tonyp
Team Staff

Postby jamarchi » Mon Jul 02, 2012 7:51 pm

Hi Tonyp

I did what you said
I copied the one which is saying it should look like, I pasted in Notepad and saved like a final.csv and I got the same error messege "file_get_contents() failed, try fsockopen" and "Not a valid VCALENDAR data file: /tmp/phpRHucZb" you can see in the attach file that is the same one

Regards,
Attachments
final.rar
(319 Bytes) Downloaded 64 times
jamarchi

Postby Geraint » Tue Jul 03, 2012 7:57 am

Could be that your server doesn't allow you to read files from the /tmp folder.

Try uploading it to the server using FTP and then use the load from url option when creating the calendar.
JEvents Club members can get priority forum support at the Support Forum. As well as access to a variety of custom JEvents addons and benefits. Join the JEvents club today!
Geraint

Postby cwyss » Thu Jul 05, 2012 12:33 pm

I have the same problem, also with the example you gave above.

Is it also possible to import in an existing calendar?
cwyss
Silver Members

Postby Geraint » Thu Jul 05, 2012 1:57 pm

You can import into an existing calendar as a once off in the frontend (but you must enable that feature in the import tab of the JEvebnts config).

Did you try importing the file from a URL (after you upload it via FTP)?
JEvents Club members can get priority forum support at the Support Forum. As well as access to a variety of custom JEvents addons and benefits. Join the JEvents club today!
Geraint

Postby uqkhurle » Tue Oct 09, 2012 2:15 am

Hi, I have the same issue. I am a gold member and even tried importing the sample file I downloaded from the JEvents site without changing a thing - no go. I also tried importing the text displayed above, after copying to notebook & saving. No go. I am importing from the front end, through the Import iCal Events function, and every time I get "0 records imported" and nothing else. Cheers, Karen
uqkhurle

Postby Geraint » Tue Oct 09, 2012 8:49 am

Hi Karen

Can you try uploading the file to your server and then using the URL to import as a new calendar from URL. Some servers seem to have strange permission settings on uploaded files - they upload correctly but then the webserver can't read them.
Geraint

Postby Tonyp » Tue Oct 09, 2012 11:08 am

In addition you might need to upload it to a remote server, as some servers do not allow local routing/loops I.e. calling its self via URL.
Feel free to PM me if you would like Custom Installs or Joomla! related work for a competitive quote.

Tonyp
Team Staff

Postby uqkhurle » Thu Oct 11, 2012 3:22 am

I ended up manually entering them - not that many really and we wont have to enter in bulk in the future. But thanks Tonyp & Geraint for your help. so many of your other responses have helped me, and taught me heaps! A great product this. :-)
uqkhurle

Postby Tonyp » Thu Oct 11, 2012 7:32 am

Hello Karen,

Sorry to hear that. You are more than welcome and do not hesitate to post should you have any further queries :).

Regards
Tony

Tonyp
Team Staff

PreviousNext

Return to Jevents 2.x (Free Access)