Jevents 2.x (Free Access)

JEvents, Private Calendar  Topic is solved

Discuss JEvents 2.x for Joomla 1.5-2.5 here - club members can use the special club forum for faster response times.
Forum rules
When requesting support please follow these steps:

1. Update all JEvents add on's first, via the Joomla! Updater
2. Copy and Paste the JEvents Support Information from the JEvents Control Panel.
3. If you get a 500 error OR white page, enable Maximum Error Reporting in Joomla! Global Config and visit the page again, this should give you a more detailed error and help us provide a prompt response.

Postby squeak24 » Sun Apr 29, 2012 5:59 pm

Hi

I am looking at registering as a Silver member to make use of the private side of JEvents so certain users can only see certaing things.

But one thing that I would like to check out before I do this, is if the admin creates a private event for a user, can they create that same event for more than one user, for example, if I have a private appointment that I want to set up for one user, can I then assign that to another with the other user still able to view it?

Any help would be appreciated.

Gary
squeak24
Gold Members

Postby Geraint » Mon Apr 30, 2012 10:51 am

An admin user can create events and specify the event creator so that could then be a private event for the nominated creator. You can't use that mechanism for more than one user though.

What you may want to consider is the RSVP Pro addon (gold member) - this that you can create invitations to the event and make the event private to invitees (i.e. only the invitees and the creator can see the event). See http://www.jevents.net/en/jevents-club/ ... nvitations for a demo video
JEvents Club members can get priority forum support at the Support Forum. As well as access to a variety of custom JEvents addons and benefits. Join the JEvents club today!
Geraint

Postby nichelabs » Wed Feb 20, 2013 12:06 am

We had this working for a client, http://gfcatl.com but for some reason now it is not working.

I can login and see all events.
Joomla 1.5.23
JEvents 1.5.5e

Event creator is set to a user
Access level is set to Registered
Personal Event status is set to Private.

However, as I said when I log in and go to the calendar I can see all events. I know for a fact that this worked when we first set this up, but that was a year and a half ago.

The only way we found out it wasn't working properly was that the client called and asked if we could make it work this way. Apparently they forgot that it once did and never let us know when it stopped working.

Any help would be appreciated.
Allen
nichelabs
Silver Members

Postby Geraint » Wed Feb 20, 2013 8:04 am

JEvents 1.5.5e is a long way out of date - the most up to date version of JEvents 1.5.x is 1.5.6 (see the bottom of http://www.jevents.net/jevents-download).

I would recommend that you upgrade to 2.2.8 and also upgrade the 'user specific events' plugin which controls the private events status.

Finally you will also need to upgrade to Joomla 1.5.26 too.
JEvents Club members can get priority forum support at the Support Forum. As well as access to a variety of custom JEvents addons and benefits. Join the JEvents club today!
Geraint

Postby nichelabs » Fri Mar 01, 2013 7:36 pm

Apparently our Silver membership has expired and I cannot download the latest copy of the 'user specific events' plugin. Is there anyway you can send that to me or do I need to subscribe again?
nichelabs
Silver Members

Postby Geraint » Sat Mar 02, 2013 6:42 am

Unfortunately you will need to subscribe again.
Geraint

Postby nichelabs » Tue Mar 12, 2013 6:33 pm

Thank you, we purchased the Silver membership and upgraded everything and now everything works fine.
nichelabs
Silver Members

Return to Jevents 2.x (Free Access)