Jevents 2.x (Free Access)

SOLVED - Joomla 1.5 to 2.5 Migration Tool Instructions

Discuss JEvents 2.x for Joomla 1.5-2.5 here - club members can use the special club forum for faster response times.
Forum rules
When requesting support please follow these steps:

1. Update all JEvents add on's first, via the Joomla! Updater
2. Copy and Paste the JEvents Support Information from the JEvents Control Panel.
3. If you get a 500 error OR white page, enable Maximum Error Reporting in Joomla! Global Config and visit the page again, this should give you a more detailed error and help us provide a prompt response.

Postby ozneilau » Sat Apr 14, 2012 4:26 am

Hi,

Thanks for your excellent migration tool which I started using today. It looks more complicated than it is. Might I suggest some clearer instructions will help?! Maybe like this:

This PHP script assumes you have used the jUpgrade or SP Upgrade tool or similar to migrate from 1.5 to 2.5 to preserve user ids.
First update JEvents on source and target websites to the latest JEvents version, and back up both websites to be safe!
Download the script from http://www.jevents.net/downloads/catego ... -migration and unzip.
In phpMyAdmin or similar, remove all the Joomla 2.5 jevents tables:
    j25_jevents_categories
    j25_jevents_exception
    j25_jevents_icsfile
    j25_jevents_repbyday
    j25_jevents_repetition
    j25_jevents_rrule
    j25_jevents_vevdetail
    j25_jevents_vevent
    j25_jev_defaults
    j25_jev_users
In phpMyAdmin or similar, add read permission for the Joomla 2.5 database user to the Joomla 1.5 database (if a different database).
Install the managed people, managed locations and any other jevents club addons (if you are using them) on your Joomla 2.5 site.
Edit the upgradejevents.php file and change line 11 to reflect the relative path of the destination website:
Upload the upgradejevents.php file to the root of your Joomla 1.5 installation.
Run the script by calling it in your browser e.g. http://www.j15site.com/upgradejevents.php.
All being well the script will migrate the data, creating categories automatically with default permissions and show:
    migrated categories
    migrated main tables
    updated category references
    reset access levels
    migrated user permissions
    migrated categories
Check your events and categories to see that they have migrated across correctly.
You may need to set up JEvents configuration manually on the destination website as the script does not migrate configuration settings.

Thanks,

Neil.
Webilicious Web Design and Development
http://webilicious.com.au
ozneilau

Postby Tonyp » Sat Apr 14, 2012 11:47 am

Hello,

Thank you for you detailed information. I will add this :).

Our plan was to implement the script within the JEvents build it's self so then JUpgrade automatically migrates it without needing to run the migration script. But as users have been coping well it has been a lower priority.

Regards
Tony
---------------------------------------
Feel free to PM me if you would like Custom Installs or Joomla! related work for a competitive quote.

Tonyp
Team Staff

Postby ozneilau » Sat Apr 14, 2012 3:50 pm

Excellent!

Thanks Tony and keep up the good work!

Neil
Webilicious Web Design and Development
http://webilicious.com.au
ozneilau

Postby nhwi » Fri Apr 20, 2012 6:11 pm

Hi there,
When I run the script, I get this:
migrated categories
migrated main tables
reset access levels
migrated categories

But nothing shows up in the new calendar.

I did have to uncomment line 129 - 144 (// now do colours and admins!) cause I got an error:
Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /var/www/html/jupgrade/upgradejevents.php on line 131
So when I uncomment it then it seems fine but nothing is migrated.

Any thoughts?

Thanks
nhwi

Postby Tonyp » Fri Apr 20, 2012 6:59 pm

Hello,

You have placed the file in the wrong directory for a start it should be in the Joomla 1.5 directory.

Can you then try it?
Feel free to PM me if you would like Custom Installs or Joomla! related work for a competitive quote.

Tonyp
Team Staff

Postby gandg45 » Tue May 28, 2013 1:05 pm

Thanks for writing this, Tony,but this way doesn't look like attainable to me.

I believe Jupgrade would be an easier way, although for some reason it gave me errors when I last tried it, There's one more extension, CMS2CMS (http://extensions.joomla.org/extensions ... port/23642), I never saw it before today, but the upgrade results were more than satisfying, so you should check it out as well.
gandg45

Postby Tonyp » Tue May 28, 2013 1:10 pm

They do not normally upgrade our JEvents database structure as it changed significantly in 2.5 which us why our script is needed.

Tonyp
Team Staff

Postby periapt » Thu Dec 05, 2013 11:54 pm

I can't get these instructions to work. When I followed theme exactly as described it the script complained about the missing 2.5 tables.

I then started from scratch again but without dropping the 2.5 tables and then I got these errors:

Notice: Undefined index: dbprefix in /home/nicholas/selhg/upgradejevents.php on line 88

Notice: Undefined index: db in /home/nicholas/selhg/upgradejevents.php on line 89

Notice: Undefined index: db in /home/nicholas/selhg/upgradejevents.php on line 94

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/nicholas/selhg/upgradejevents.php on line 131
migrated categories
migrated main tables
reset access levels
migrated categories
periapt

Postby carcam » Fri Dec 06, 2013 7:19 am

That message means the configuration of the old site is not being read correctly. Are the configuration.php variables on the old site correctly configured?
¿Sabías que tenemos soporte en español para los miembros del Club de JEvents? ¡ÚNETE AHORA!
carcam
Team Staff

Postby Hildenboro » Sat Jan 09, 2016 1:32 pm

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/hilden/selhg/upgradejevents.php on line 131
migrated categories
migrated main tables
reset access levels

I'm trying to migrate too and getting the errors above.

It must mean that the old config is messed up somehow. Now everything is a mess. :?

Luckily I backed everything up. Anyone know of a Youtube video showing how to Migrate from an old version of Joomla to the latest?
Hildenboro

Next

Return to Jevents 2.x (Free Access)