Jevents 2.x (Free Access)

Activity section of Jevents not saving properly

Discuss JEvents 2.x for Joomla 1.5-2.5 here - club members can use the special club forum for faster response times.
Forum rules
When requesting support please follow these steps:

1. Update all JEvents add on's first, via the Joomla! Updater
2. Copy and Paste the JEvents Support Information from the JEvents Control Panel.
3. If you get a 500 error OR white page, enable Maximum Error Reporting in Joomla! Global Config and visit the page again, this should give you a more detailed error and help us provide a prompt response.

Postby fritschservices » Sat Jan 14, 2012 1:31 am

Hi,

I have seen the variety of issues that everyone has been having with newer browsers. I have followed these recommendations and now have the mootools upgrade plugin turned on and am running the latest versions of Jevents and JCE on Joomla 1.5.23 (am not ready to upgrade this to Joomla 1.7 yet). Everything seems to be working out except that the content placed in the editor is not saved when updating an event. I can type in the editor and use all functions, but when I save, nothing is updated. If I create a new event, that information is saved.

Please note that this is happening in both Firefox 9 and Google Chrome. It does update in IE 8 on my Windows XP machine though. Also note that in the error consoles I do see some warnings about deprecated functions but no errors are present.
fritschservices

Postby Tonyp » Sat Jan 14, 2012 7:38 am

Hello,

Firstly I advise upgrading to Joomla 1.5.25.

Secondly in the browsers that the event does not save can you copy and paste any error messages shown?

Also, you might want to disable tabbed editing in the jevents configuration.
---------------------------------------
Feel free to PM me if you would like Custom Installs or Joomla! related work for a competitive quote.

Tonyp
Team Staff

Return to Jevents 2.x (Free Access)