Jevents 2.x (Free Access)

Less detail required in the address

Discuss JEvents 2.x for Joomla 1.5-2.5 here - club members can use the special club forum for faster response times.
Forum rules
When requesting support please follow these steps:

1. Update all JEvents add on's first, via the Joomla! Updater
2. Copy and Paste the JEvents Support Information from the JEvents Control Panel.
3. If you get a 500 error OR white page, enable Maximum Error Reporting in Joomla! Global Config and visit the page again, this should give you a more detailed error and help us provide a prompt response.

Postby Diesel9a1 » Thu Jan 12, 2012 8:04 pm

The site I'm trying to knock up is basically an events site with links to the specific event website.

I am only wanting to group the events into general area i.e.

UK / England / South East
Ireland / Connacht / Galway

When a user clicks on an event, they will be supplied with a few custom fields for the event, along with the website address to go to for further information.

That is as much detail as I want, but I am struggling to obtain it with JEvents. Can somebody help?
Diesel9a1

Postby Tonyp » Thu Jan 12, 2012 9:14 pm

Hello,

You would want to install the JEvents Custom Fields plugin as well as JEvents Obviously ;).

Then Create 2 Calendars,

1 UK with the categories:

England
South East

1 Ireland with the categories:
Connacht
Galway

Then create the events as you desire.

You will need to setup and configure the custom fields plugin before creating the events ideally.

Regards
---------------------------------------
Feel free to PM me if you would like Custom Installs or Joomla! related work for a competitive quote.

Tonyp
Team Staff

Postby Diesel9a1 » Thu Jan 12, 2012 9:23 pm

Didn't think of creating a calendar per country. Is it then possible to list all events irrelevant of country and calendar?
Diesel9a1

Postby Geraint » Fri Jan 13, 2012 9:08 am

Yes you can constrain menu items to show events from specific categories or ALL categories.

You could also consider the managed locations addon to include venue information and then you could have more fine grained localisation of your events. You could then search for events by country, county, city and include google maps integration

Geraint
JEvents Club members can get priority forum support at the Support Forum. As well as access to a variety of custom JEvents addons and benefits. Join the JEvents club today!
Geraint

Postby Diesel9a1 » Fri Jan 13, 2012 11:48 am

Thanks Geraint. I do not wish for locations now however as finer details such as that would be on the event websites and to start going down that road then get something wrong - I could get shot! This is predominantly a central hub events based site with links to the actual events sites for race meetings throughout the year. Not bothered about registration or anything at present. Organisations submit their races and they all go on the calendar(s).

Pete
Diesel9a1

Postby Geraint » Fri Jan 13, 2012 12:38 pm

Just want to make sure that you did you get your issues resolved?
JEvents Club members can get priority forum support at the Support Forum. As well as access to a variety of custom JEvents addons and benefits. Join the JEvents club today!
Geraint

Return to Jevents 2.x (Free Access)